Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban (1 Viewer)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by simmic
...went to his site where he keeps a blog and says he started filming for the fourth movie already...so he must be in it
Yes you are right.. he is in GoF

on another note:
"Wizard News has now learned, according to reliable sources inside Warner Brothers, that they are looking into the possibility of making Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire into one movie, four hours long, with an intermission."

^I think this is a good idea :)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I saw it this morning, and thought it was excellent. Much better than the first two films; it's a pity Cuaron isn't directing Goblet of Fire.
A few things such as the muggle clothes they always seem to be wearing, and the casting of Lupin, bothered me, but all up it was great.
There were lots of funny bits, like boggart-Snape, but my favourite was the Knight Bus! That was done really well.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Saw it today... They rushed through certain scenes which sucked!
(You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it)
And also as someone said b4, dumbledore is way to energectic...
They didn't stay completely faithful to the book either.
Which I guess adds to the excitement :p
I'll give it 3 and half stars out of 5...
It was much better than the 1st 2 thankfully:)

Edit:
Oh and... It looks like puberty hit Neville hard :p

Last edited:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
lol true... much slimmer now

anyway I saw it this morning :D
I thought it was excellent!! definitly going to go see it again.. it was pretty damn funny in certain parts.
I don't think they cut out too much to spoil it for me.. but I guess for those who don't read the books it might have been a bit hard to connect the dots and see how everything fitted together..
All in all I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! :D

go watch it now!

C

CaR

Originally posted by PaleReflection
I saw it this morning, and thought it was excellent. Much better than the first two films; it's a pity Cuaron isn't directing Goblet of Fire.
A few things such as the muggle clothes they always seem to be wearing, and the casting of Lupin, bothered me, but all up it was great.
There were lots of funny bits, like boggart-Snape, but my favourite was the Knight Bus! That was done really well.
i reckon this movie wasn't as good as the first two movies...there was more suspense in the first two and it was quite dissapointing...because by far, the third harry potter novel is the best read! =)

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
i agree. PoA is already shorter than the first two movies, even though the book's considerably longer... mugglenet has already said that draco won't be in the 4th film @____@ and i don't think oliver wood is in this one.
Oliver wood is in this one, as many of you have realised, but quidditch doesnt get a "spotlight" in this one, ie in the book Gryfinndor wins the Quidditch Cup in this installment and that wasnt shown *sigh*

Originally posted by jhakka
I'm watching Prisoner of Azkaban on Saturday.

And I think they're making Goblet of Fire one movie only.
thats right, WB are making it one movie, its on mugglenet

Originally posted by eLmo

on another note:
"Wizard News has now learned, according to reliable sources inside Warner Brothers, that they are looking into the possibility of making Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire into one movie, four hours long, with an intermission."

i put a link up in the starting post which goes to the IMDB credits, check it out, i think draco is in HP4, check and see if his name is on the list

And also as someone said b4, dumbledore is way to energectic...
They didn't stay completely faithful to the book either.
Which I guess adds to the excitement :p
I'll give it 3 and half stars out of 5...
It was much better than the 1st 2 thankfully:)

Edit:
yup, lol, he is so freaken tall now ... oh well ... for those who have read the Order of The Phoenix shud know that Harry or Neville could be "The One" :p

pcwizz

Seabiscuit

HSC
Wow!! A post-puberty Neville!! I'm so excited about seing them all grown up!!! I have high hopes for them all.... :D

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Finally, this one actually felt like a movie instead of just a filmed book.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
saw it yesterday! was second in line. was also nigelated because my sister finished school at 3:12 -___- so i had to save her a seat and say "no sorry, it's taken" to about 345362834 people :chainsaw:

hehe ok i don't really have much to say, but yeah. it was brilliant. it was so funny. you could tell it was a different director straight away. daniel radcliffe is too sexy. and tom felton's hair didn't actually look that bad, like that first photo we saw of him.... he was hilarious too, but i thought the way they exaggerated his cowardice was a bit much. not that it wasn't funny. adn what happened to crabbe? or was it goyle? not sure, but they've replaced one of them, anyway :p

God, you could almost FEEL the slashiness between the twins and harry when they dragged him to give him the map. i can see all the fanfics forming in twins/harry fans' heads..............

ron/herm... seemed like 'mione's a bit more into it ;)

"lower your wand!" >;D muahaha.

i loooved emma thompson as trelawney :D and sirius and peter pettigrew looked EXACTLY as i imagined. i didn't like the way lupin looked as a werewolf, though o__O. and it was funny how the whomping willow seems to have been relocated :p a lot of stuff was left out, but it wasn't too much. but i don't think they explained that sirius/james/lupin/pettigrew wrote the marauder's map? and they didn't explain trelawney's prediction at the end, either...

[EDIT] i completely agree with what rhysenn said:

"My only nitpick with the movie was that they left out a lot of the backstory of the Marauders, which I think is pivotal in the entire progression of the plot. They just barely revealed that the four were best friends in school, and didn't elaborate on how their ability to be Animagus was learned so they could accompany Remus on his monthly transformations. They didn't explain that Harry's Patronus was shaped like a stag because it was James's animagus form. They didn't say that Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs were actually James, Sirius, Remus and Peter, and that they were they were ones who wrote the Marauders' Map. Of course we know all this, but a casual viewer wouldn't have benefited of the depth all this backstory gives to the plot as a whole." [/EDIT]

anyway, i've forgotten so much of it already, man i gotta see it again :D
my sister's getting me the DVD for my birthday! since i've been getting them for hers :p

"Wizard News has now learned, according to reliable sources inside Warner Brothers, that they are looking into the possibility of making Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire into one movie, four hours long, with an intermission
ooooh ;)

i agere with that, but it wasn't too bad :)

Originally posted by piccaninny
how long is the movie?
it's not that long. nowhere near as long as the first two. (dammit)

i caught the 3:30 session and it finished before six, so it went for less than two and a half hours.

Last edited:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
.... he was hilarious too, but i thought the way they exaggerated his cowardice was a bit much. not that it wasn't funny. adn what happened to crabbe? or was it goyle? not sure, but they've replaced one of them, anyway :p
Yeh i thought they played on draco's cowardness a bit much too..
I think it was Goyle they replaced- (the new skinny guy)

peter pettigrew looked EXACTLY as i imagined.
..I imagined he might be a little skinner- you know from all the Crookshanks stress etc..

Alot of stuff around the castle seems to have been relocated- like Hagrids hut- now at the bottom of the hill- and where did that bridge thing come from? when harry and lupin were practicing the partonous < it looked like Dumbledores office...hmmm

...Yes perhaps they should have elaborated on the whole Animagus/marauders map situation a little more - but we all know how things were connected before we watched it ... I guess the movie couldn't have gone forever :(

Oh and I really wanted to see the scene where draco dresses like a dementor on the quidditch pitch - but i guess it wasn't significant enough...bahh!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I loved the new soundtrack. So much more lively than the old generic-sounding one.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I'm seeing it tonight. Glad some liked it, b/c all I've read lately are negative reviews about PoA . . .

Leap

free falling
HSC
I saw it last night and it was absolutely fantastic!

It was the first Harry potter movie that I haven't felt dissapointed by. I hated the first 2, they were long, tedious and badly acted with no suspense whatsoever.

But this one...:D
Professor Trelawny was great, and even though I had my doubts about the guy they cast as Lupin, once i saw it I thought he did a brilliant job.

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, even though I obviously knew what was going to happen. It was just 10 times better than the other 2.

and the music was better too.

Last edited:

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC

on another note:

yes except i read that they're skipping all bits with the dursleys and going straight to hogwarts. my question is...

WHAT ABOUT THE WORLD CUP? FOR PIZZA'S SAKE!
it's not like all that stuff with the death eaters is IMPORTANT or anything!!
it's hard as the books get more grown up and complex. it must be a difficult decision for the director and screenwriter to decide where they're going to make sacrifices - atmosphere or plot.

Originally posted by PaleReflection
i'm seeing it tonight. i saw the preview last week when i went to see troy, and i was squirming in my seat i was so excited. but yeah the muggle clothes bothered me when i've seen shorts for it, how do they explain the sudden absence of the robes they've been wearing the past two years?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
I loved the new soundtrack. So much more lively than the old generic-sounding one.
i had forgotten about that, but during the movie i was actually hoping certain musical themes would return because i thought they worked so well

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Originally posted by bluesky100
I'm seeing it tonight. Glad some liked it, b/c all I've read lately are negative reviews about PoA . . .
Fuck no! The movie is brilliant. Best one yet. Even the critics are saying it fucking rocks... I dont know whos been feeding u these negative reviews.. if its people on this site (havent read the entire thread) .. then SHUT THE FUCK UP! I've already abused some stupid nerds at my school who complained how they were missing the best bits from the book, blah blah, get over it nerds! This is a brilliant movie .. Alfonso Cuaron has a great visionary mind.. dont be discouraged by dim wit fans, this movie rocks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)