Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
shes' pretty, but i still don't really like her.
i liked her acting in the first movie ("i'm going to bed before either of you come up with another plan to get us all killed - or worse, expelled"), but other than that i think she's letting fame get to her :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Here's the French girl who is gonna play Fleur Delacour, the snobby Beauxbatons Triwizard competitor! Not very Veela - esque in this shot though :p

Edit: added the actor who will play Cedric Diggory

Last edited:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Totally shit. I was so disappointed I almost cried.

Whats with this new director and his obession with the whomping willow? He's got shots of it ALL THE TIME!
He emphasised the relationships between the kids more than the introduction of Sirius and it was just so shit.
It probably didn't help my frustration with the fact that the 3 idiots sitting next to me kept asking each other, "Who is You-Know-Who?".... ARGH!

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Why are some people saying the movie was disappointing?? I really enjoyed it. It surpassed the previous two by far!!
It was humorous seeing how Draco had grown up into some bean pole with a bad hair do (must be going through his ugly stage), and also acting like such a cry baby most of the time.
Also, its great that all the children's (esp. Daniel R, Emma W, and Rupert wateva) acting ability had improved immensely.

The special effects were invigorating and yeah the director may have cut out lots of things from the book but I expected that. The editing was fantastic too, it didn't drag in any parts, so you weren't shifting in ur seat or checking ur watch wondering how much left of the movie. (although i didn't want it to end). It was spookier, creepier, enticing yada yada yada. Especially that part with the dementor on the train brrrr. Ok i'll shut up now. But I so wanna see it again!!

Overall 8/10 from me :D
Can't wait for Goblet of Fire!!!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by steph@nie
Whats with this new director and his obession with the whomping willow? He's got shots of it ALL THE TIME!
He emphasised the relationships between the kids more than the introduction of Sirius and it was just so shit.
It probably didn't help my frustration with the fact that the 3 idiots sitting next to me kept asking each other, "Who is You-Know-Who?".... ARGH!
you do realise that the whomping willow was used to show the passing of time? without it the movie would have felt like it all occurred within two weeks

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
you do realise that the whomping willow was used to show the passing of time? without it the movie would have felt like it all occurred within two weeks
I thought it was used effectively to show the passing of time. The whole motif of time from the book was transferred to the film well, with the continual shots of the clock and everything. Because in this film, Harry's victory was solely dependent on time.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I thought it was used effectively to show the passing of time. The whole motif of time from the book was transferred to the film well, with the continual shots of the clock and everything. Because in this film, Harry's victory was solely dependent on time.
what you probably didn't notice, unless, like myself, you are extremely sad and have seen the movie twice, is that in the leaky cauldron the guy who is using magic to stir his coffee with a spoon is reading stephen hawking's a brief history of time

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
No, I get the passing of time, but why the whomping willow? Chris C. had shots of the castle with snow or shots of the grounds, but Cuaron's use of the Whomping Willow was totally lost on me.
There was so much cut out of PoA that I felt so empty that I went home and read the book just to remind myself that it's actually a good story.
And was the setting very different from the other two, or was it just me?

I hope the GoF is better. Who's directing it anyway?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by steph@nie
No, I get the passing of time, but why the whomping willow? Chris C. had shots of the castle with snow or shots of the grounds, but Cuaron's use of the Whomping Willow was totally lost on me.
There was so much cut out of PoA that I felt so empty that I went home and read the book just to remind myself that it's actually a good story.
And was the setting very different from the other two, or was it just me?

I hope the GoF is better. Who's directing it anyway?
mike newell is directing the 4tf movie. the first british director to take the helm.

and i guess you can't please everyone. i loved the movie and felt that everything that was left out of the book was for the best. this could quite possibly go into my top 10 movies of all time

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
ooh.. British. I just hope he doesn't change everything around and again make it really different. I just hope GoF is everything that I hope for....
oh and who thinks that the Weasley boys have become quality? My friend and I were ooh-ing and ahh-ing over them for most of the film... however it could be from the lack of Oliver Wood *sigh*

...and I did notice the Brief History of Time, but only because for a split second because I thought the guy stirring his coffee was rather handsome... he wasn't.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
i loved the movie and felt that everything that was left out of the book was for the best. this could quite possibly go into my top 10 movies of all time
100% agree with you. I am shocked so many people are dissapointed. Its so ear bleedingly obvious that this is the best movie and definately could be added to my Top 10 too.

Anyway, Goblet of Fire will be awesome. Can't wait for the dragons.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
this was a great movie. i'm in love!!

and that last pic of emma watson isn't that great. she's got appalling makeup.
and where is cedric diggory in those pics??

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
what you probably didn't notice, unless, like myself, you are extremely sad and have seen the movie twice, is that in the leaky cauldron the guy who is using magic to stir his coffee with a spoon is reading stephen hawking's a brief history of time
:uhhuh: ...

i just checked ... :D

pcwizz

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by SmokedSalmon

It was humorous seeing how Draco had grown up into some bean pole with a bad hair do (must be going through his ugly stage), and also acting like such a cry baby most of the time.
Draco and "ugly stage" in the same sentence?!
..such blasphmey! :p

I saw it again this avo..YAY!!! .. even better 2nd time round.. I noticed more stuff rather than just being so overcome with excitment.
I think I said before that either Crabbe or Goyle has been replaced.. but it wasn't true - I noticed the slimmer one of the two in the draco and buckbeak scene..he's just lost heaps of weight ;)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
This will upset some Potter purists, as will the amount of the book that has been left out, but the changes allow PoA to become its own thing - a film, and a rather beautiful, haunting one - and not simply a film of the book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)