Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (1 Viewer)

lengy

HSC
i want Luna Lovegood now. Hermoine Granger's getting too old.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
you can't really get 766 pages fitted into one movie, even if it was rather long...

i found it rather boring.. apart from the dumbledore scene ( you have to admit, Dumbledore's got style ;) ) , the.. kiss? naw. well it was pretty good.. , and the fight scene. the last bit was the best part...

does no justice the the book... wouldn't it be better if harry potter was made into a tv series and not a movie...

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Would have been better if harry potter was done neo noir comic style a la Sin City.

lengy

HSC
:eek: i'm not going to say how it could be improved. :eek:

HSC
<3 Luna and Tonks

BUT the movie was shit! Everyone went on about 'omg its better than the rest of them' they totally ruined it! It was pretty much all about Harry, half the stuff was taken out! :mad1: And things were added ..real crap

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Yeh last movie i was very diappointed i felt likemost of the movie went by the those flashes that they did of the newspaper and the DA. They could have done alot better with it. i totally agree they CANNOT put the whole book in but that doesnt mean only half gets put into the movie! it should be at least another hour longer. My boyfriend didnt read the book and said he loved it. Maybe its because we have read the book that we notice how patchy and disjointed it really was.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
xx__savannah said:
Hahaha. Half the cast is young, they don't over-act and shit like that though. Watch GOF and just follow her eyebrows -- that's the only way she does any sort of expression.

You're the first person to like her that I've ever met.
I think she is awesome! lol

sbeydoun91

In za box, which is
HSC
N/A
In this case, the book was better than the film. I felt a little dissapointed because I was expecting something as great as the book, but the film just seemed very fast-paced and lacking important details. Also, unlike the other films, this one did not seem to have a major story of its own and so people who were not familiar with the storyline or hadn't read the books would find it confusing to keep up with what is going on. Nevertheless, it was still a good enough film and it was great to finally see 'Luna Lovegood' in action. I'd give it a seven out of ten, but that's just me.

P.S. The Dementors looked a lot better in this film than previously.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
they didnt include the coin which let the people in the DA know when the next meeting was. in the sixth book the coin is used again is it not. ithink these directors sucked. seriously they can extend it to another hour thats only 3 hours. not that longin my opinion. i would have watched it if it was 4 hours!!!

HSC
lisajf said:
they didnt include the coin which let the people in the DA know when the next meeting was. in the sixth book the coin is used again is it not. ithink these directors sucked. seriously they can extend it to another hour thats only 3 hours. not that longin my opinion. i would have watched it if it was 4 hours!!!
Only that?! That left out half the book! What happened to the hospital? And the start killed it! Since when did Harry ever hold his wand in public? And his family were barely in the movie! And they didnt show alot of the Order. It was ALL Harry :mad1:

I would have watched it as well..but they turned out to be cheap shits.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Only that?! That left out half the book! What happened to the hospital? And the start killed it! Since when did Harry ever hold his wand in public? And his family were barely in the movie! And they didnt show alot of the Order. It was ALL Harry :mad1:

I would have watched it as well..but they turned out to be cheap shits.
Yeh agreed! needed soooo much more in there im so pissed!

cuppy

HSC
N/A
is the same director staying on to do Half Blood Prince as well? :\

Nygiants

HSC
what long boring movie...

The special effects were so bad lol.. it sorta reminded of Stars War IV, srs.. this BS all the movies are crap..

The only reason ppl watch em was cause of all media hype.

Though I havent read any of the potter books for awhile.,I began to realise after watching realise how contradicting the plot is..

one moment ur riding this dragon thingy -- when there are broomsticks readily available lol..

not enough focus on the lollies.. 3/10.. appalliing SE by todays standards as usual the books is always the better film. but when the book is crap as well..at least could have added something new to the movie.. (it would have totally surprised everyone - even an alternate ending..perhaps sirius doesnt die.. but Rowling and her pals are too lazy to do that.. whatever they put up - it will earn them millions.. just cause of all the hype)...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Nygiants said:
but when the book is crap as well..at least could have added something new to the movie.. (it would have totally surprised everyone - even an alternate ending..perhaps sirius doesnt die.. but Rowling and her pals are too lazy to do that.. whatever they put up - it will earn them millions.. just cause of all the hype)...
wtf?

2curvy4u

HSC
I wanna watch it but my mother's anti-Potter... she reckons it'll make me EBIL! :mad1: She'd prefer that I read the Bible. Huh.

beentherdunthat

HSC
2curvy4u said:
I wanna watch it but my mother's anti-Potter... she reckons it'll make me EBIL! :mad1: She'd prefer that I read the Bible. Huh.
lmao, Mothers are classics. I swear... Imagine we let mothers rule the world. Ahhhh. *Goes into hiding*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)