Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Luna was good, so was Bellatrix. Rest of the cast was very meh, the story jumped like crazy and the crowd kept clapping after scenes. It's not a play, just shut up and watch

jannny

HSC
yea Luna was good, I guess you can't help but clap or make a sound or something especially if you're really into the movie or anything actually.

cccclaire

HSC
I saw it today.
I thought it was pretty good, but it felt a little rushed at times.
And they skipped out a few things too, like the prefects part. And Dumbledores exit was pathetic.
But overall pretty good. I thought Luna was really good.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
Daniel is the worst actor ! To be true! Remember in Harry PotterI, Daniel didn't have any expression when he was scared...i think Emma is the best 'coz shes exactly what i pictured she would...and Daniel s crap coz he has these blue eyes and brown hair which is so completley, Unharry potter. Harry was suppose to have green eyes!!!

Besides, Dan's naked photos were completely gross!!!i mean, can he work out more in the gym before he took them????

i totally think that Daniel; sucks!!!!can he like, embolish his acting skills???

haveyou guys seen Emma's brother?? He's so like Emma..they have the same face

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
HKHSCstudent said:
Daniel s crap coz he has these blue eyes and brown hair which is so completley, Unharry potter. Harry was suppose to have green eyes!!!

Besides, Dan's naked photos were completely gross!!!i mean, can he work out more in the gym before he took them????
umm... none of these are criticisms of his acting skill, at least he doesn't sound completely fake the whole time like emma does.

xx__savannah

HSC
All Emma can do is wiggle and waggle her eyebrows and speak loud, if you ask me, but at least she's improving. Maybe she'll be almost Hermione by the 7th movie.

I would have to say Rupert's the better child actor, he's more subtle and real, with the exception of a few scenes, such as 'anyone else got a problem with that' -- that seemed way too practiced the way he walked and stood beside Harry before saying anything. Always imagined him in Seamus' face.

And Evanna as Luna is perfect! Loved her self-made radish earrings and her butterbeer cork charm, and her scene with the Thestrals. Missed her 'excuse me, my father's the editor', but of course couldn't have Hermione shown up.

Shall be seeing it again.

ccc123

HSC
Saw it this morning. Over all, I thought it was quite good- the special effects were good and Luna was well cast. However, I think that the plot was a bit disjointed and there seemed to be a lot of material cut out unnecessarily. Ron and Hermione as prefects, for instance, I thought added an interesting dimension to the novel so I was disappointed that they cut that. Dumbledore's exit, as has been mentioned, was rather anti-climactic, as was Sirius's death.

Also, did anyone else notice the way Serius's final words in the movie are "Good one James"? This, I don't recall being in the novel, and I this line really undermines the relationship between Harry and Serius by confirming Mrs's Weasley's suspicions (that Harry, for Serius is merely a replacement for James).

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i really liked this as a movie, some really awesome scenes, but once again it has nothing on the book and they cut out a lot of what i thought was reasonably important (and even changed part of it which would have been just as long if they'd followed the story so i don't know why they didn't :S)

anyway, in regards to acting, i cannot help but notice how crap emma and daniel are..i think emma's better but GOD she gets so fake-emotional over ANYTHING and daniel just has these weird erratic movements :S

luna was AWESOME :D, but did anyone else think dudley was really strange? :S it was like his mouth had collapsed! at first i thought he was putting on a voice to rip off harry or something but then i realised that's actually how he talks!

edit: oh and i had really hoped gilderoy would've been in it haha, so he could say 'i didn't learn joined-up writing for nothing you know!' :p but i understand that wasn't highly important *sigh*)

kloudsurfer

HSC
It was good, but it just seemed like we were watching a really long trailer for the book.

It seemed was waaaay toooo rushed (understandably though, the book is huge!) and so much was cut out, but it still had too much content. For example, what was the point of having Kreacher at all. He didnt serve any purpose in the film watsoever. Apparently hes only in there because Rrowling requested it, and you can tell.

It just made it seem like it was put together haphazardly. For example, when the trio get caught in Umbridges office using the fireplace, Umbridge is in there with them and then draco and the IS come in with neville, luna and ginny and little explanation is given for them being involved in it. If you hadnt read the book (which explains that Harry had asked them to create a distraction or something i dont remember) then you wouldnt know why the hell they got caught.

One of my friends hadnt read the book and he had no idea what was going on half the time!

It just doesnt work/make sense as a stand alone movie without the book (and without the other movies). Like I said, it flowed like an extended trailer for the book.

Nonetheless, I still really enjoyed it. It was very entertaining, and really dark and gritty compared to the others.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Oh damn ..
I was guna watch it on Friday.
Judging by what you guys have said ... god a lot seems to have been chopped out.
Book 5 was my favourite was well , so I was hoping not too much would be chopped out - but what the heck , its a 2 hour movie - what can I expect :p ?

Aw ... dang it.
><"
Yeah like someone said , they should have a friggen directors cut or something.
4 hours c`mon :D .. as long as it doesnt chop out 90% of the storyline !

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yeh that's what me and my mate said..i'd sit through a 10hr version :p
so many things i would've liked to have seen or weren't really explained

still, it was good, don't get disheartened :D

tennille

HSC
I was surprised with the length of the film. It was the largest book, but probably the shortest film (just over 2 hours). I would have like to have seen St. Mungo's hospital and Gildroy Lockhart, haha.

I could barely understand what luna was saying since her voice is so soft. Overall, the film was good, though.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
I have seen the movie this morning...So disappointed ....it was just toooo short and the plot ran too fast ....lots of good stuff in the book is lost. In the preview, they made Katie Leung such an important character but she only appeared in a few shots in the movie except for the kissing scene which she made the longest appearence...They made her less important than in the book. I agree what everyone said, Luna was a good actor , her voice was nice but they made her look like a fairy. She supposed to be sort of weird in the book. It also focused too much on Umbridge and Lord Voldement !Besides, Hermonie and Ron were always wearing same shirts.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
HKHSCstudent said:
Hermonie and Ron were always wearing same shirts.
i thought it was really clever. a sort of hint of what's yet to come in the 7th book :p

but i really really enjoyed the movie. although the fifth book was my least favourite and it was way way too short i still really got into it. ohhh that umbridge woman made me so angry. oooomgggggggggggg...
when fudge came in at the end and was all "he's back!" the entire cinema erupted with laughter and i was like "no shit sherlock..." yeah it was funny.
cho's cute, so was luna. i actually completely forgot what happened in the book but i really wanted more on the "i must not tell lies" thing coz in the book they said his hand was full raw because of it... they cut out way too much. haha who wants to start a petition for a director's cut?? hung?? :D

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
a couple of blatantly anti-canon moments I just remembered:

- they listen to a radio when electronics don't work in hogwarts
- hermione says Cho is doing her OWLs when she's supposed to be in the year above them

btw the reason i enjoyed the movie so much is that i paid no attention whatsoever to what they omitted from the books and just enjoyed it in and of itself :D

HSC
i watched it today. well, i wasnt really disappointed or anything, coz the movies since the third one have always been pretty bad compared to the first two. The director has taken away a lot of the magical feel by giving them "muggle" clothing, i mean, theyre not meant to wear them! theyre meant to be in robes argh! and i agree with the thing about Katie Leung - she was hardly in the film, but they publicised her so much! and they didnt really show the break up - because thats important, so harry can move on next year >_< and DUMBLEDORE and that random rubberband in his beard really makes me mad! and this time it had bells attached - what is with that?! emma watson looks too neat for hermoine and she always flares her nostrils. rupert grint is really good, id say he is by far the best actor out of all of them. and luna was a bit too normalish for me. the plot was definately rushed, i wanted to see the fall out of percy and ron and hermoine becoming prefects! they cud have made the film 3hours - it wudnt have hurt. the new director just makes me reallllllly mad.

anyway, anyone who hasnt watched it, the films of course are always worse than the book, but anyhow, there fun to watch for the sake of it and to get you pumped for the book release! =D

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
chocolatecookie said:
i watched it today. well, i wasnt really disappointed or anything, coz the movies since the third one have always been pretty bad compared to the first two. The director has taken away a lot of the magical feel by giving them "muggle" clothing, i mean, theyre not meant to wear them! theyre meant to be in robes argh! and i agree with the thing about Katie Leung - she was hardly in the film, but they publicised her so much! and they didnt really show the break up - because thats important, so harry can move on next year >_< and DUMBLEDORE and that random rubberband in his beard really makes me mad! and this time it had bells attached - what is with that?! emma watson looks too neat for hermoine and she always flares her nostrils. rupert grint is really good, id say he is by far the best actor out of all of them. and luna was a bit too normalish for me. the plot was definately rushed, i wanted to see the fall out of percy and ron and hermoine becoming prefects! they cud have made the film 3hours - it wudnt have hurt. the new director just makes me reallllllly mad.

anyway, anyone who hasnt watched it, the films of course are always worse than the book, but anyhow, there fun to watch for the sake of it and to get you pumped for the book release! =D
I agree with you completely.

I liked the robes they wore - but they got rid of that too did they ?
=__=" Argh I liked the first two movies.
Actually I think theyre the only ones I`ll ever like =(
What happened to the first director ? I`d say he was the best.

Mohit7

HSC
I watched 1st show in Blacktown.
The movies are always crap compared to the book.
But if u look at it as a movie it was above avg.

CANT WAIT FOR THE LAST BOOK BUT I GOT MY TRIALS COMING UP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)