hardcore subjects (1 Viewer)

simonkey

HSC
Does anyone here do the most hardcore subjects possible in year 11?
Including the following:

-ext.1 eng
-ext.1 math
-chemistry
-physics
-biology(sorta hardcore, not really though)

tell me wot its like plz, or i might just change some of my subject selections for next year

Riviet

HSC
N/A
simonkey said:
Including the following:

-ext.1 eng
-ext.1 math
-chemistry
-physics

tell me wot its like plz, or i might just change some of my subject selections for next year
Well it is a bit hardcore from the maths/science point of view. :p

There's nothing wrong with doing that combination, it's manageable and the coursework should be interesting as long as you're choosing them for that reason.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Physics--no idea
Chemistry--"concepts" are hard core
Biology--hardcore memorising

Take your pick :p

And remember, no subject is easy. If you do the creative or performing arts, you've got stuff to create/reshearse, etc. If you do the technologies or computer sciences, you've got projects to do. If you do commerces, or humanities or human and its environment type stuff, it's a shitload of memorising. And so on and so forth.

JeZZa89

HSC
wow... all 3 sciences eh?? only the really really smart ppl in my school do those subjects all in one go. and to emphasise my point, i go to a selective school XD, but judging from ur subject choice, i think you do too =p

yeah, back to the question bit:
2u Maths: easy peasy, dont worry about it
Ext 1 Maths: requires u to think a little outside the box. but i'm failing it because i'm stupid ^^"

2u Eng: annoying as, but u dont get a choice
Ext 1 Eng: Make sure that you're good at BOTH analysing texts AND creative writing, as each of those components are worth 50% each to ur marks.

Chem: its fun ^^
Phys: make sure you have a good teacher. if u realise that ur physics teacher is a bit lousy/dodgy/whatever get a tutor or a really good textbook and knuckledown ASAP. but most of it's just applying formulas, so if you're good at remembering and applying formulae, u'll do fine.
Bio: i dont actually do this sub (i do economics instead), but all u need to do is read and remember stuff. apparently my friends dont do any work in class and they still get an average of 80%+ for their exams

JeZZa's Verdict:
awesome choice if you're sciency (as mentioned earlier). if u can absolutely kill these subjects, you'll have an awesome UAI coz these subjects scale u MASSIVELY... provided that u do well in it of course ^^. but make sure that u actually have an interest in these subjects tho coz if you're not interested in the subject, a majority of the time, u wont pay attention in class and u wouldnt have the motivation to put in any effort to study for that subject.

but right now, doing 6 of the 7 subjects that you're thinking of doing, i'm like.. dying lol... possibly because i've been slacking off (??).. but i'm sure that with hard work, u'll ace them =D - i did that with chemistry, originally i hated it coz i didnt understand it, but after i got my act together and started studying for it really hard, i understood most of the concepts and now i'm doing pretty good in it.

look, the subjects that u've chosen are good and all require quite a lot of work, it just depends on whether or not you're willing to put the work into it.

yep, enough of this old man's babbling!! good luck with ur subject choice dude!

JeZZa

Sofstar

HSC
Hardcore....hahahaha.

English ext 1: easy!, i reckon that it's easier than adv. english.

Chem: Alota things to get your head around. But it's FON. It explains alot of those questions like why is metal a metal? So if you're a why person, you'll like it.

Bio: Not that hardcore. Easy concepts, if you can even call them that. You need to be up to scratch on your prac report writing.

Sofstar

HSC
Chem is FON (to do with hydrogen bonding). They're not hardcore. Economics is hardcore reading.

Religion's hardcore. Staying awake is hard.

HSC
N/A
Oh, I like your choices.

I may switch to that plus ag next year... now from a science point of view that's as hardcore as you can get.

Right now it's modern history instead of bio though.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
FON? :p

Sif those subjects are hardcore subjects anyway :uhhuh:
F for fluorine

O
for oxygen

N
for nitrogen

As you should recall, each of these can form hydrogen bonds.

That's why "chemistry is FON". ;):p

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
simonkey said:
Including the following:

-ext.1 eng
-ext.1 math
-chemistry
-physics

wow, you're so cool ... dammit i wish i could do all those ...

alex04

Ballerina
HSC
Well with Chemistry in year 11 there are a lot of things that at the time you might not understand but in year 12 things just come together and you're like - i get it now. In year 11 you learn the basics that form the foundations for year 12, year 11 can sometimes feel a bit scattered but it all evens out in the end.

Biology is my favourite - there is a lot of memorising yet the concepts are easy and logical once you get the hang of it. I find it easier when it comes to studying as I remember what is said in class.

Subjects are easier if you can listen in class - you retain more information and it makes it easier when revision time comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)