Hard to find a job post HSC? (1 Viewer)

cintaurus

HSC
I've applied to many places already and only have heard back from one of them.. Might also be due to many other students applying post HSC. Any tips?

FloFLo

HSC
I applied for maccas and I got rejected when I live literally 2 minutes away from it. I also got a call offering me a position in the city but it's really far so I'm not really keen on talking the train there everyday for just some extra cash. I guess it could be your resume if no one called or just as you said, other students that have finished their exams earlier took up the positions and there's barely any left for the people that finished later. Maybe try applying online for places like Boost? i recently got an email for an interview so have a go if you wanna work there.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I can't find a job. I just took up babysitting. 200 a week - better than nothing!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're having issues, I would recommend that you consider volunteer (hopefully somewhere where you have at least a passing interest as well).

You can pick up a lot of skills working with these types of organisations which will help put you at the head of the pack.

Keep in mind, the people which have the best chance at these jobs are school-leavers who have already picked up those skills from prior employment.

ShadowLighte

HSC
If you're having issues, I would recommend that you consider volunteer (hopefully somewhere where you have at least a passing interest as well).

You can pick up a lot of skills working with these types of organisations which will help put you at the head of the pack.
Where would you suggest are places to volunteer? I'd like to, just not asking for donations because I feel uncomfortable doing that for some reason.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Where would you suggest are places to volunteer? I'd like to, just not asking for donations because I feel uncomfortable doing that for some reason.
Can't really suggest anything to be honest.

There isn't a right or wrong.

That's why I said that it's best to find something you have an interest in.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Ask your local council if they can find you anything that you may be interested in

sarmen2

HSC
N/A
Good luck to you OP, some are luckier than others when it comes to jobs. It took me about 1.5-2 years to get my first job (and I applied everywhere all the time) and it was at KFC. I worked there for a year, quit last May cause I was just fed up (a lot of reasons why I quit, a few were a bit nitpicky but still). I've been applying for jobs for the last 1.5 months (at at least 6 or 7 places) and no response, I figured the experience I had would have helped, but nope. Basically this is one of those of persevering things, and there will be times when you want to punch a store manager in the face when you see new people working there even though you've applied there at least a dozen times and you have never received a response, but you just gotta keep on applying.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Hows it? Good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Babysitting eh, it's okay. I see the kids about 1-2 hours every weekday so it isn't a full time kinda thing. I worked out that I get at least 40 a day - not a lot, but it pays for petrol, food, clothes. I would work 4 hours at Donut King to get paid 40 bucks!

trungduong12

HSC
Babysitting eh, it's okay. I see the kids about 1-2 hours every weekday so it isn't a full time kinda thing. I worked out that I get at least 40 a day - not a lot, but it pays for petrol, food, clothes. I would work 4 hours at Donut King to get paid 40 bucks!
Isnt it better for 2hours a day with 40$ than 4 hours with 40$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
3 years of experience, no job at the moment so started applying today, lets see how this goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)