Handwriting help (1 Viewer)

Season

HSC
towards the end of my english in-class essay the other day my hand was getting pretty shaky as she said 'ten minutes left girls' and i still had a pargraph and a half to write .... whoops.

But anywho the rest of the essay was in fairly good handwriting because I think its very important to have good handwriting ALL THE TIME even when you work isn't examinable so you can read it again when your revising and others can read it too. If you do this then good handwriting does become second nature.

The only time its really bad is in winter, I have low blood pressure, so my hands cramp up and as a result my handwriting gets smaller and smaller. You could literally measure the temperature by how big my handwriting is.

So practise good handwriting all the time, it really helps when the stress comes up.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
iniv said:
o and I will try using a a fatter pen with a big squishy grip :) seems like a smart idea
I remembered the name of the pen! Try a Bic XXL, it's so superr comfy. I have really bad joints and can hardly write at all but this pen makes it SO much easier and less painful :D

iniv said:
Thanks again for your help guys! Very helpful site this is, with very helpful people :) :) .....so damn distracting though.... just weaned myself off msn and myspace, and now I'll just probably get addicted to this instead lol..
You're doing better than I did, I just couldn't wean myself off myspace etc & had it open the entire time I was studying last year, I'm doing the same thing with my uni work right now :eek: :p

Last edited:

cl3nta

HSC
go with application to use computer - probs the best option:)

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
I remembered the name of the pen! Try a Bic XXL, it's so superr comfy. I have really bad joints and can hardly write at all but this pen makes it SO much easier and less painful :D:p :eek:
I went to a rheumatologist a couple of years ago and he referred me to that particular pen. Worked absolute wonders! Now in tests and extended writing conditions I swap between that pen and the Bic Smoothie.
Sometimes the right pen can make a huge difference.

Last edited:
HSC
m0ofin said:
What do you mean by crossing the t's?
<sigh> an 'i' is not really an 'i' until you've put the dot. similarly a t is not a 't' unless youve put that horizontal line.

ok then, what is the recommended pen?
It all depends on what you want out of a pen. I used average kilometrico pens and they were fine enough for me until I started thinking about what I should use in the exams.

I ended up picking a felt tip pen because they were extremely light and smooth. Downside to those is you cant use liquid paper (you shouldn't be using it anyway during exams wastes too much time) and it can smudge if you are really rushing, not that I had a problem with them during the HSC.

If you want smoothness, comfort use an expensive parker pen. Downside to them are they are relatively heavy so you won't be able to write as fast.

Meh I can't be bothered to write the pros and cons to every single pen, mainly because I havent used a whole lot and the point is its up to you to find what you're comfortable with anyway. What worked for me or anyone else isnt necessarily going to work for you.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I had the exact same problem last year. I did manage to get my hand writing to a legable stage though.

Find a pen you like and stick to it. For me its those clicky Staedtler ones. You know which ones I mean because I tried different ball point pens but i found them to easy to write.

Use a thin ink line. The thinnest possible because then your mistakes don't smug together into a blob

Practice tests when ever you can, but try to do it legablly. Right now you have the luxoury to do this, but you wont later in september

In class just practice your writing in ever case possible. Don't get those crappy little books and practice hand writing. Your doing enough at school with homework as is to practice there.

Hope this helps, it did for me. My hand writting is still crap but now its legable. I say its my own style :p

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
cl3nta said:
go with application to use computer - probs the best option:)
NOOOOO!

Trust me, if you have any choice in it DO NOT use a computer! I had to use a lap top and it makes it a million times harder to complete an exam (heaps of people think it'd be easier but its not), so if you can manage writing even if it is a bit messy (it would have to be totallyyy ineligable for a marker to not read it - they try to give you marks during the HSC, not take them away) because you'll be so much better off! Just a warning :p

babikakez said:
I went to a rheumatologist a couple of years ago and he referred me to that particular pen. Worked absolute wonders! Now in tests and extended writing conditions I swap between that pen and the Bic Smoothie.
Sometimes the right pen can make a huge difference.

yeah its brilliant! :D

Last edited:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
<sigh> an 'i' is not really an 'i' until you've put the dot. similarly a t is not a 't' unless youve put that horizontal line.
O RLY? Sorry, I don't mean it in a spiteful way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)