• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hands up! Who went to NAS??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I did/am doing Painting at NAS.... mind you I'm class of '06, and am therefore irrelevant ;)

Congratulations on your nomination!

shortie_689

HSC
My brother is currently doin that whole NAS thing for photography is the NAS thing any good... It looks like it would be fun/interesting I actually miss doin al those different things an stuff in the vapd gosh im such a loser

penciltron

HSC
i did drawing at NAS, i got preselected
and...3 others in my class got preselected that i know of yay :)

HSC
N/A
The National Art School.

They offer a 1Unit Board Endorsed Course to HSC students, entrance is via portfolio.

If you'd like more information, you can read it here.

darkroomgirl

HSC
shortie_689 said:
My brother is currently doin that whole NAS thing for photography is the NAS thing any good... It looks like it would be fun/interesting I actually miss doin al those different things an stuff in the vapd gosh im such a loser
It's heaps fun... I did photography as well and it really helped me out... your brother would love it!

bubu

well.. i no this one person who was the onli one who could be bothered to do it from our skool and he didnt get in, all he could do was draw very well.

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
sculpture course 2005

I got nominated for a collection of works.. c.o.w -as they like to call them, although everytime i see this abbreviation i can't help but imagine a mooing painting splattered in black and white paint, maybe even running through the waves on a beach..

I did the sculpture course, which was great fun. I only know of one other guy who did this course and got nominated too. NAS really helped, i think.. it got me motivated to create an artwork i can be proud of. I did use sculpture in it too.

Although if anyone i the future is doing the sculpt course be prepared for non stop wood cutting, jigsawing and the annoying sawdust which fills everyones shoes, noses, eyes, ears, mouths..
The sculpt. course must of had a cut back in $, for we didn't even get to mould human figuers in clay..as the year before did, and we only started painting on the last day before the exhibition.. besides from these small hiccups everything was dandy, and memorable.

Leah.Midd

HSC
yeah i did photogrpahy at NAS for class 2005, loved it! but i put my BOW in COW. i havent been back to school yet to hear about any of the selections although i do know my work hasnt been sent back yet....im keeping the fingers crossed! :)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
pisci said:
me
paintin
on the site it says NAS offers "Short Courses / HSC Extension Course"

does this mean its AFTER high school and sort of a Uni???

Also...it doesn't offer film/video :(

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
replyreplyreplyreply

hey.. from what i know, the short courses are for all.. having paid for of course, i've seen winter and summer courses that run through sometimes the holiday periods.
The extension course is the NAS Intensive Studio Art Practice, which is provided to the high achievers of the current yr12. -which we went to.

so yes, the short courses you apply for and i don't think it would matter if you were at school or not.. i'm going to look into the short courses for next year myself.
cheers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)