Hands up if you haven't started studying! (1 Viewer)

yasminee96

HSC
Good luck with your job prospects once your employer sees "University of Western Sydney" lmao :lol:
Not about where you go, it's about how much effort you put in and your determination. People who go to schools ranked >500 have gotten 99+ atars. You think usyd turned them down because of the title of their institution? Ha.

amacone

HSC
Not about where you go, it's about how much effort you put in and your determination. People who go to schools ranked >500 have gotten 99+ atars. You think usyd turned them down because of the title of their institution? Ha.
I was talking about Universities, not High Schools lmao - read previous posts before you post.
In relation to my point, employers do take into consideration where you went to University. If you don't believe so, you're derpin' hard.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I was talking about Universities, not High Schools lmao - read previous posts before you post.
In relation to my point, employers do take into consideration where you went to University. If you don't believe so, you're derpin' hard.
+1, esp in the fields of finance and law lol..

mahmoudali

HSC
okay big deal they dont consider a uws student so what are you trying to prove?

amacone

HSC
okay big deal they dont consider a uws student so what are you trying to prove?
Uh, well you stated before that "[UWS] is still a better uni than UTS"
But like, getting a Bachelor of Commerce with a 65 ATAR is pretty legit tho.... :lol:

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I'd like to see some hard statistics on employment rates from the respective Universities before we start calling superiority between universities, saying USYD is better because its old enough to be a failed Hogwarts isn't really a good indicator of quality with respect to the newer UWS (unless statistics prove otherwise)

EDIT: http://myuniversity.gov.au/Universities

UWS: 66.9%
USYD: 73.8%
UNSW: 85.4%

So it does seem that USYD does have around 7% higher employment rates, but UNSW trumps them both it seems

Last edited:

mahmoudali

HSC
Uh, well you stated before that "[UWS] is still a better uni than UTS"
But like, getting a Bachelor of Commerce with a 65 ATAR is pretty legit tho.... :lol:
i was talking about the uni itself mate, never talked about job options ect and you cant just jump to to conclusions give me evidence that what you're saying is true :)

amacone

HSC
i was talking about the uni itself mate, never talked about job options ect and you cant just jump to to conclusions give me evidence that what you're saying is true :)
Friends dad works at Macquarie Bank. Said to me straight that they don't even consider anyone, unless they're from USYD, UNSW, ANU or Melbourne. Safe to assume that most top firms would do the same.
But I'm sure you those who get a Med degree from UWS could find a job at a Chemist :lol:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
nothing wrong with uws... still better uni than UTS ;)
Where is your evidence?

It's all personal preference though, uws might have certain characteristics that appeal to you (e.g lower atar) more than someone else but keep it to yourself.

Saying one uni is better then another is a pointless argument, how does anyone in year 12 currently (including me) really know what each uni is like when we're still at school...

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Friends dad works at Macquarie Bank. Said to me straight that they don't even consider anyone, unless they're from USYD, UNSW, ANU or Melbourne. Safe to assume that most top firms would do the same.
But I'm sure you those who get a Med degree from UWS could find a job at a Chemist :lol:
Not even Macq? lol

No, they would do pharmacy at uws :haha:

Youi_

HSC
back to the topic at hand I think anyone who says they haven't studied is lying

mahmoudali

HSC
keep telling yourself that mate, and once again you're 'assuming', how about you get me solid facts/ evidence to back yourself, because i can smell the shit coming out of your mouth from here

mahmoudali

HSC
Where is your evidence?

It's all personal preference though, uws might have certain characteristics that appeal to you (e.g lower atar) more than someone else but keep it to yourself.

Saying one uni is better then another is a pointless argument, how does anyone in year 12 currently (including me) really know what each uni is like when we're still at school...
open days, past graduates recommendations and feedback, websites... list goes on.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I think you mean Science.
I was implying that a Med degree from UWS is worthless.
Sad that you didn't pick up on that..
Well it isn't, the Campbelltown campus has all new med facilities and the uni you go to for med means shit all.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
open days, past graduates recommendations and feedback, websites... list goes on.
You're delusional...

Open days aren't a true guide of what the uni is like, you're silly if you think so.

Recommendations are personally biased as well.

mahmoudali

HSC
I'd like to see some hard statistics on employment rates from the respective Universities before we start calling superiority between universities, saying USYD is better because its old enough to be a failed Hogwarts isn't really a good indicator of quality with respect to the newer UWS (unless statistics prove otherwise)

So it does seem that USYD does have around 7% higher employment rates, but UNSW trumps them both it seems
what is the UTS rate of employment?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

That includes part time work not related to the field of interest i think, not completely accurate.

e.g working at kfc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)