hANDS UP IF U AGREE sHIpWRECKs sUCKS (1 Viewer)

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
OMg i hate this topic with a passion, is it just me or is it so boring and i cant seem 2 find good notes on it in any text book (ive looked through them all!!)
ARgGgggGG

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
If there is something in particular I would advise you to post it...

Otherwise if you want specific concepts in more detail I suggest going to a university library and checking out Atkin's Physical Chemistry (USE THE INDEX!!! IT IS A MONSTER), though be warned that it isn't safe to read too much of it in one sitting ("Get out of my dreams you blood-thirsty partial differentials!").

Haku

have u tried maqu revision guide? its pretty good.

plus i find shipwrecks to be the easiest topic

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Yaz88 said:
OMg i hate this topic with a passion, is it just me or is it so boring and i cant seem 2 find good notes on it in any text book (ive looked through them all!!)
ARgGgggGG
I just hate all the experiments (even though they're not so hard... but it takes a few days to obtain results which means ur stuck writing all these practical reports in chunks)... the theory part is quite straight forward and not so difficult...

I agree with 'nosadness' Maqauire has some pritty good notes...

there's no time to hate shipwrecks... either get along with it or else it'll back fire during the HSC exam... get along with it for the sake of ur HSC exam, then hate it as much as u want.. think postive!!!.... good luck!

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
physician said:
I just hate all the experiments (even though they're not so hard... but it takes a few days to obtain results which means ur stuck writing all these practical reports in chunks)... the theory part is quite straight forward and not so difficult...

there's no time to hate shipwrecks... either get along with it or else it'll back fire during the HSC exam... get along with it for the sake of ur HSC exam, then hate it as much as u want.. think postive!!!.... good luck!

yeh but dude the macquarie revision quide is vert brief... like for some of the dot points that expect you to go in detail its brief...

physician

HSC
Juju15 said:
yeh but dude the macquarie revision quide is vert brief... like for some of the dot points that expect you to go in detail its brief...
yeh ur right, but that's when u should refer to more than one source whilst making ur notes... for example I make my notes from the Charles sturt uni website, maquarie revision guide, Conquering chem HSC and combine it with notes i find here and there made by other students and sometimes i use www.chemistrycoach.com and if i need a little more info i can always use excel (which ive used like once this whole yr), and if ur really stuck... u can always google any info u might need.

If all that isn't enough... U can always ask ur teacher i'm sure they'd be more than glad to help.. or as an alternative just post any specific dot pt ur having trouble with on this website and if ur lucky enough ppl may supply u with a sufficent amount of info... Good luck!

Haku

i dun reckon that maqu guide is brief, its very little and straight forward info which is all you need more or less.

to test out ur knowledge, do the successone book and past papers, ull find that u got all the info u need there to get u full marks in almost every single question which is all u can ever hope for.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
physician said:

ur lucky you do the experiments, we dont do it out teacher is a faggot. So the questions comes up and we basically just memorise the results and make some bs.

physician

HSC
nosadness said:
i dun reckon that maqu guide is brief, its very little and straight forward info which is all you need more or less.

to test out ur knowledge, do the successone book and past papers, ull find that u got all the info u need there to get u full marks in almost every single question which is all u can ever hope for.
now that i actually sat down and did my notes in detail for shipwrecks.... i'd have to agree... mawuarie does infact have some pritty good notes for this module, infact most of the time it had too much and they weren't brief at all.. although i do admit, i had to refer to a few other sources for a few dt points, but the majority of my notes were compiled from maqaurie...

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I love Shipwrecks. Because you can apply it to everyday situations in terms of rust etc etc.
Um, the CSU website isn't that bad, although it's not very detailed but it provides you with the basics.
And I'm sure you could find some decent notes on the resources page

pottsy1000

Shipwrecks

does any1 no were to get info about specific australian shipwrecks and their preservatrion and conservation

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
hyperbole said:
I love Shipwrecks. Because you can apply it to everyday situations in terms of rust etc etc.
When you say "etc" do you mean any situations other than those regarding rust?

P.S. Shipwrecks sucks :p. I campaigned for a long time to have our school do forensic chem instead (which I got to do in the end).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)