Handing stuff out at Uni - Allowed? (1 Viewer)

Acid

HSC
Most days I can't walk from class to class without being handed about 20 fliers telling me about party xyz or the latest greens rally. So my question is - am I allowed to get someone to hand out fliers for my online store?

Got some cool stuff that I think UNSW students would be interested in...

GaZ_2004

HSC
the campus bible reading club or wateva it is.... is at UNSW everyday... they never seem to miss a day...lol

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yep I hate getting pamphlets etc etc. Most of the time I don't get them because I threw them away after 1 min from when I walk away. The last time somone handed some booklet thingy I got charged. >.< WTF. He goes "Do you have any change for this booklet". >.<

Lesson learned: Never accept anything!

GaZ_2004

HSC
lol has ne one noticed all those ppl inside or outside the train station askin you to sponsor a charity they r totally annyoin, everyday they ask me.... "Sir do you have 30secs?!?" or " Are you over 18, do u want to sponsor sum kids"

but they suddenly have moved into UNSW at the anzac parade entrance, is it legal for them to be there?!? can we kick them out sum way?

Acid

HSC
All i'm asking is am I allowed to do it? i.e. will I get thrown out of Uni if they catch me. :)

GaZ_2004

HSC
Acid said:
All i'm asking is am I allowed to do it? i.e. will I get thrown out of Uni if they catch me. :)
everyone seems to be doin it.... so i dun c why not...but just be prepared cuz most of them will just be thrown out by ppl....

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
No, you're not. You have to have permission for it from an organisation such as the Guild or Union. Other than that, no.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
what nancy said.... we got "kicked out" last year for handing out fliers on open day :p

maxipete

HSC
Asquithian said:
its mainly CBS ers not greenies.
Dont forget the law revuers, they will get offended if you say CBS runs better and more annoying publicity than they do.

I think you will find CBS can hand out stuff because they are affiliated to the university both as a CASOC Club, and through the Anglican Chaplaincy.

ace

is retired
HSC
maxipete said:
Dont forget the law revuers, they will get offended if you say CBS runs better and more annoying publicity than they do.

I think you will find CBS can hand out stuff because they are affiliated to the university both as a CASOC Club, and through the Anglican Chaplaincy.
If CBS hand you something, hand them something back like "Atheist Club". That'll bring about, one of these two events no doubt;

- Them getting offended and leaving you alone
- Them getting offended and ganging up on you to convert you to CBS

Most likely the latter :D

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
I like how alot of the people handing stuff out or asking people to do a survey seem to ignore the asians :)

...except CBS people...

zkuld

newblet
HSC
jay2000 said:
I like how alot of the people handing stuff out or asking people to do a survey seem to ignore the asians :)

...except CBS people...
gee they're going to have a lot of success doing that in a uni full of asians!

is a roflcopter
HSC
i want one of those freedom jumpers!
i will swap you guys 5 guild t shirts!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
the only people worse than flyer people are the people who ask for a "quick moment of my time." Especially the black suit people. What are they, a cult or something?

Recently this chick came up to me and asked me who cuts my hair, then proceeded to advertise some new hair salon. wtf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)