Hamlet - textual integrity/value through time/ critics (1 Viewer)

katoji

HSC
I really don't get how I'm supposed to integrate these three!
How do I talk about its value through time?
How do I properly reference critics?
What the is textual integrity?(I did read the other threads - they just kind of confused me)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I really don't get how I'm supposed to integrate these three!
How do I talk about its value through time?
How is it relevant today? What themes or ideas are still current issues. Things like trust, indecision, murder, madness, death etc.

How do I properly reference critics?
Apparently you don't. You just use their ideas to help you formulate your own understanding. Someone should confirm this though, I'm not sure if it's changed at all.

What the is textual integrity?(I did read the other threads - they just kind of confused me)
Textual Integrity refers to the value of the text. It's strength, it's structure, it's composition etc.

Textual integrity: The unity of a text; its coherent use of form and language to produce an integrated whole in terms of meaning and value.

katoji

HSC
Thanks for replying. So if I want to talk about its relevance to today, do I talk about the context of present day society?

e.g. the notion of christian values in today's society compared with its values in Hamlet? Do I need to back it up with quotes about present day society?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You don't really need to back anything up from today's context. For example, you can state that Christianity is still a dominant religion without needing proof. So you could argue something like:

As seen in the growth of X, Hamlet's use of Y is still very relevant today.

You basically just need to be able to draw parallels and find contrasting elements.

K

khorne

I can confirm you don't talk about other people's prespectives/readings...you just use them to develop your own one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)