hamlet/ r&g (1 Viewer)

astro

HSC
yeah, i'm doing r+g and hamlet....
r+g, for me, is a hard play to get into...

HSC
N/A
Well, I did it this year... (class of 04)

And it was my worst module for Eng Adv. I just didn't get it. Even going into the HSC exam, I still didn't understand it. However, I still managed to get a Band 6... so not all is lost all you serious '05 people! :D

Of the two I understood R&G a lot more. Hamlet was very difficult for me. Although, I hear that seeing a *good* film of it makes everything a lot clearer - my friends reccommend the Kenneth Branagh version, which I wish I'd had the opportunity to watch. I only saw this dodgey BBC version where none of the actors understood what they were saying. It didn't help.

Although some of my other friends LOVED transformations... so perhaps Hamlet/R&G is just one of those modules you either "get" or not?

*sarah*

HSC
Yeah it took me a while to get it, but once i had it was pretty ok... so keep trying!!!

Rory

HSC
I've got this little Excel study guide for Hamlet and R&G that came in really handy for me as it goes through and explains the acts one by one, the themes, language, character transformations, background to shakespear and tom stoppard, quiz's etc; it's *really* good to have on hand when doing this module, mine was like $10 at A&R, but I don't need it so if someone wanted it for $5 rofl they can have it :p

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it took me AGES to click, but at some point, it just does click (for most people), and can actually be quite interesting.

i clicked after doing some research on postmodernism and existentialism.

HSC
N/A
Ugh.

Existentialism.

Even after the HSC, I'm still not very sure on what it is. I get the whole "what is our purpose here" etc etc, but... existentialism... nup...

ti_amo_anthony

HSC
i had to read or was advised by my teacher to read hamlet over the holz but i just couldnt get into it!! i liked ceasar but i cant get into hamlet for sum reason

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
yeah im doing hamlet and ros and guil....cant understand a sinle thing!!! But then again, im not really interested in the "jokes" i really dont get what it is all about, but mabye when i finish it. Does anyone know of any tapes or videos that are the real story, mabye that will help me...who knows its worth a try! Good Luck to everyone else doing the 2005 HSC!!!

HSC
N/A
I've head that the Kenneth Branagh film version of Hamlet makes it understandable. As I never got a chance to see it, I never understood Hamlet. I vaguely understood R&G...

When in doubt, know that good essay technique/style and Sparknotes rules and that talking with other BOS members on msn rocks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)