Hamlet - MAD? (1 Viewer)

Captain A

HSC
N/A
im almost certain the majority of year 12s believe hamlet is sane. would it be beneficial if we attempt to prove hamlet's madness? has anyone here taken the risk to prove hamlets madness?

Majimaune

HSC
I wouldn't say that Hamlet is entirely with it all the time but he is a smart cookie and I wouldn't call him mad. Half way there maybe?

But like Kaz said, I can't see how it would be relevant.

Oh and Kaz, love the dp. Must try suiting up one night when I go out.

GracieBelle

HSC
I think he starts off acting mad and then it kind of catches on....cause he kills Polonius without even checking to see if it's Claudius first. And then he sees the ghost of King Hamlet when Gertrude doesn't. Sounds pretty insane to me.

jet

Banned
HSC
It's all about your personal response. If you feel that way, write it. If you don't, then don't.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You'd have to define what mad is though first. Personally, I'd say he's driven to extreme measures through rational influences. Thus, not mad.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
if you're interpretation is that he is/isn't mad then yes write it. but you have to be able to substaniate with textual evidence so don't just randomly chuck it in there "hey hamlet's not actually crazy".

closmo

HSC
I think he's generally sane. He says to Horatio I believe "I am but mad north-north-west. When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw” So that sort of hints that he is playing tricks on his family. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)