Hamlet and the truth (1 Viewer)

chemicalex

HSC
Has any one done Hamlet in an assignment as a representation of truth?
I am planning on doing it, I know the story but can you give me ideas about what to write? Or how the story represents truth?
If any one used it in an assignment or anything please do show me :)
Thank you very much

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Hmmmm i don't think it would be too wise to use hamlet as a related text

1) Because it's shakespeare; it's actually very hard to demonstrate how his dramatic techniques and language relate to truth beyond a superficial level (i.e. antic disposition corresponds with the doublespeak in contemporary mass media etc etc)

2) It's a set text for module A so you'll have to avoid reusing analysis students may have used for module A incl. appearance vs. reality, play/life metaphor, "i know a hawk from a handsaw" and so forth

3) Even if it's only for a school assignment and you won't be applying your analysis for your hsc module c response (and hence you might deem it OK to use some of the module a analysis of hamlet in your telling the truth analysis) i personally find that sticking with your related texts throughout the year means you gain a higher understanding by this time in 2007.

Of course there's nothing stopping you, so if your heart is set on this then go ahead! But i probably wouldn't have done more than maybe incl. hamlet in my 'library of related texts mini-analysis' folder :p

lilkev161

HSC
Well hamlet is an interesting choice of text considering the soliloquoy used in Shakespears plays....hahah ALEXIS..wat u doin man!!

chemicalex

HSC
lilkev161 said:
Well hamlet is an interesting choice of text considering the soliloquoy used in Shakespears plays....hahah ALEXIS..wat u doin man!!
i know your being an idiot but belive or not, Hamlet has alot of soliloquoy, matter fact the story is based on it.
in anyway, you deserve a punch, and a punch is what thee be getting tomorow

*miranda*

HSC
i agree with bobness - you already will have to do 1 shakespeare, you don't want to be trying to remember quotes from both plays for the HSC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)