HALP MEEE (1 Viewer)

gamja

HSC
two choices:
1. caffeine (and risk the chance of crippling reliance for the rest of the exam period)
2. take a power nap

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
I think im the only person in the state who does under milk wood for module B
Look how sexy this para i wrote is though im state ranking english ive decided (postivie manifestation will carry me im begging)

Thomas’ presentation of the promiscuous Polly Garter within, as Christie describes, “socially smug and sexually repressive… provincial Wales” allows him to portray and subsequently subvert the societal expectations of his time. The incorporation of heteroglossia within Under Milk Wood, characterised by his complex intertwining of dialogue and description, accomplishes this, allowing the audience to peer into the private, diurnal moments of those in Llareggub. This reveals the metaphorical “big sea of their dreams”, allowing Thomas to reject conventional perceptions of sin and immortality and instead engender a framework of acceptance and harmony. Polly’s promiscuous nature is established through her singing “Tom Dick and Harry were three fine men”, referencing the common idiom to showcase her homonymously polyamorous nature. His juxtapositional description of Polly Garter as “a lover of both men and children” subsequently argues that promiscuity shouldn’t be inherently ostracised, but progressively seen as a part of the cosmic balance of society. Ackerman’s paradoxical view that “vice and virtue are seen as attributes of individuality and eccentricity” in Under Milk Wood reveals the significance of the often opposing natures of connected characters. By comparing and contrasting superficially distant characters, Thomas presents his progressive view that all humans are part of cosmic societal harmony. This ethereal concept is furthered through Polly’s ironic exclamation “Oh, isn’t life a terrible thing, thank God?”, satirising the Christian-for-show nature of Llaregubb while questioning the views of characters such as Mrs. Pugh and her hypocritically cynical nature. Hence, by presenting, and subsequently subverting the societal expectations of Llareggubb and by extension 20th century Wales, Thomas is able to critique and question society and the responder’s view on it.

does anyone have any general advice on it though i want to get 20/20 for this essay lmao i love undeer milk wood

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
I think im the only person in the state who does under milk wood for module B
Look how sexy this para i wrote is though im state ranking english ive decided (postivie manifestation will carry me im begging)

Thomas’ presentation of the promiscuous Polly Garter within, as Christie describes, “socially smug and sexually repressive… provincial Wales” allows him to portray and subsequently subvert the societal expectations of his time. The incorporation of heteroglossia within Under Milk Wood, characterised by his complex intertwining of dialogue and description, accomplishes this, allowing the audience to peer into the private, diurnal moments of those in Llareggub. This reveals the metaphorical “big sea of their dreams”, allowing Thomas to reject conventional perceptions of sin and immortality and instead engender a framework of acceptance and harmony. Polly’s promiscuous nature is established through her singing “Tom Dick and Harry were three fine men”, referencing the common idiom to showcase her homonymously polyamorous nature. His juxtapositional description of Polly Garter as “a lover of both men and children” subsequently argues that promiscuity shouldn’t be inherently ostracised, but progressively seen as a part of the cosmic balance of society. Ackerman’s paradoxical view that “vice and virtue are seen as attributes of individuality and eccentricity” in Under Milk Wood reveals the significance of the often opposing natures of connected characters. By comparing and contrasting superficially distant characters, Thomas presents his progressive view that all humans are part of cosmic societal harmony. This ethereal concept is furthered through Polly’s ironic exclamation “Oh, isn’t life a terrible thing, thank God?”, satirising the Christian-for-show nature of Llaregubb while questioning the views of characters such as Mrs. Pugh and her hypocritically cynical nature. Hence, by presenting, and subsequently subverting the societal expectations of Llareggubb and by extension 20th century Wales, Thomas is able to critique and question society and the responder’s view on it.

does anyone have any general advice on it though i want to get 20/20 for this essay lmao i love undeer milk wood
no ones reading thru that

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
two choices:
1. caffeine (and risk the chance of crippling reliance for the rest of the exam period)
2. take a power nap
your signature confuses me how tf did you get it to align right

IM BOUTTA FALL ASLEEP IM YAWNING EVERY 2 SECS SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO TO WAKE MYSELF UP PLS PLS
surely just jump into a cold shower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)