Halp, I need halp!!!!one1!eleven (1 Viewer)

untouchablecuz

HSC
Uluru is a large rock on flat ground in Central Australia. Three tourists A, B, and C are observingUluru from the ground. A is due north of Uluru, C is due east of Uluru, and B is on the line-of-sight from A to C and between them. The angles of elevation to the summit of Uluru from A, B, and C are 26 degrees, 28 degrees, and 30 degrees, respectively. Determine the bearing of B from Uluru.

I have tried this a few times, and I cannot understand how you can get the bearing from the angles of elevation.

I have the answer, but I need the working. Could someone please draw it out and show me the working. Thanx in advance :D

dirtyboi

HSC
i dun no teh anserr i jus rly lyk teh title of dis post cos i gettit rly well?!!!

btw itz calld Ayers Rock.

hon1hon2hon3

HSC
Well whats the answer? Here is a logical "guess"

Since A , B , C have an elvation of 26 , 28 , 30. "Assume" the height of the rock increase steadily . ( Since the elvation angle is increasing . . the height of the rock increase from different angle . . if u know what i mean ) . And therefore at B, where its 28% will be the middle of AC. A is north of the rock, thus having an barring of 180, C is east , having a barring of 270. And now b , if u draw the graph out , u can see that it have a barring of 225. ( because the angle ARC = 90 . . north and east. ) (R means the rock) .

just gussing, cant think of any other way to do it. :D waiting for your reply :D interesting question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)