half yearly (1 Viewer)

cyclonesarah

Hey! Ok my half yearly is on Thursday and I got no idea about anything! I had a 12 month break in the middle of year 11 so i cant remember most of the course which means i dont know the basics which means i go not idea what the hell the teacher is going an about ... im finding it hard to revise the year 11 topics and the year 12 topics! I dont even know what a radical is ...
anyway the exam is on Production of Materials and Acidic environment ... any realy important formulae that i should know or realy important facts that might help???? Ive checked the resources section and got some good revision form there and i got my excel book (yr 11 and 12) and that "revise in a month" excel book and the macquarie revision book. And can yous give me some important yr 11 stuff to know plz?
Oh, if you can tell me what a radical is .... :D

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
do you mean a free radical?
it's usually a peroxide. it has unpaired electrons and is therefore extremely reactive. it is involved with the initiation step of addition polymerisation. the reactive radical seeks a source of electrons, say, from a double bond in ethene. it then breaks the double bond and attaches itself to the ethene molecule. the centre of the free radical is then shifted to the alkane-part. it then seeks another double bond from another ethene molecule, therefore forming a long chain.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
dont forget historical development of acids Bronsted Lowry theory
best of all look through the notes
impacts of biodegradable plastics and how theyre made
Le Chatliers principle
Calculations of PH (-log 10 ans)

ishq

brown?
HSC
cyclonesarah said:
Hey! Ok my half yearly is on Thursday and I got no idea about anything! I had a 12 month break in the middle of year 11 so i cant remember most of the course which means i dont know the basics which means i go not idea what the hell the teacher is going an about ... im finding it hard to revise the year 11 topics and the year 12 topics! I dont even know what a radical is ...
anyway the exam is on Production of Materials and Acidic environment ... any realy important formulae that i should know or realy important facts that might help???? Ive checked the resources section and got some good revision form there and i got my excel book (yr 11 and 12) and that "revise in a month" excel book and the macquarie revision book. And can yous give me some important yr 11 stuff to know plz?
Oh, if you can tell me what a radical is .... :D
Molarity!
Heats of Combustion! [And dont forget the negative....stupid little line....cost me an entire mark....:(]

jarro_2783

HSC
you have a lot to learn. But you mostly need to know year 12 stuff. So if you know that stuff you'll be mostly right. The other thing you probably need to know is naming straight chain alkanes and alkenes and alkanols.

The prefixes in order from one to eight are:

meth, eth, prop, but, pent, hex, hept, oct.
then add ane, ene or anol on the end.

You also need to know how to convert from grams to moles and to number of atoms with avagadro's number, and volume with stp and ntp, although it's not stp and ntp for us anymore, they've changed it to 100kpa (hsctp?)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
hey np! just look through your textbook and match it up with your dot points
read it through at least once and make sure you understand. You might want to ask one of your friends (or a teacher) to tutor u at lunchtimes or something. Write your syllabus summaries. I can't stress out how important it is!

Good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)