Half Yearly (Ext 2) (1 Viewer)

Jeo

Well, I hope I pass. I dunno, maybe I'll end up with 20%.. Just can't tell in maths tests! Sometimes feels like youve got 100, like in 2U, and u end up making addition or subtraction errors. :mad:

Just Dunno till I get my results back..

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I did my test today....it was sooo hard. I think I've failed seriously, I KNOW I made a stupid mistake in the FIRST question. And like there were things in there I tried to do but I knew I wouldn't get it out either..... I am very depressed ... I'm not looking forward to 3u after this. It's shattered my confidence.

Jeo

Gawd :rolleyes:

I thought I was the only one feeling like this. Maybe its just 4U course.

Or maybe its our teachers? :confused:

Shragga

HSC
We got out max 2 results... totally bombed out... 67%. Top mark was 97%. I am totally screwed if i get 67% in the HSC. But I will probly get full in 2 unit. its hard to make a decision about dropping ext 2 tho, can any one help on how i should decide?

Jeo

Well, Im no expert, but this is what I have been told:

If you want a high UAI, you chances of getting it is better with a subject you like or a subject that is scaled alot.

So I suggest to just keep 4U and not give up!

I got 65% also when someone got 95%, except mark #2 was 70%.. and the guy who got mark #1 is a freak. I think everyone will agree with me on that one.

Jeo

nope, but I aint gonna reveal what school I go to just yet, coz I know half of the grade is on or reads these forums :D

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
The first assessment we did, I got 63% and the top mark was 75%. I was very depressed... The girl who came second got 68%. These top 2 people do ESL and they focus on nothing *but* maths but I spose that's no excuse for me...I came 4th out of 8 people...
I *KNOW* that I haven't been working very hard in it. I just get put off from studying it *because* it's so frigin hard and I feel like my sitting there on one question for so long is a bloody waste of time but when I do get things out, it feels like fun...?

Jeo

Yeah I know what you mean. It feels pretty cool to solve a problem.

But we have like 60 or 70 peeps in the grade. So coming equal 4th with 7 other people is not so bad.

But I think I stuffed my half yearlies! No Doubt

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
And no one gets it! I always get warded off with a "Oh but it's 4u" ... it's annoying. They don't actually try to understand that this is important to me, I want to do well in this, stop giving me bullshit.

Neon-Frog

I get my half yearly results back tomorrow.

The teacher wasnt too happy while marking the 3unit exams today, but i knew i didnt do very well in that. I ended up doing some really stupid stuff in that test, but he said i picked up during the last few questions so it should be that bad, hopefully in the 80's. In 4unit i think i got in the 70's, and there is only two of us doing 4unit, so it doesnt sound to bad if i come last ..

Good luck to everyone who hasnt had their test yet

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Jesh
who is this directed towards? and why?
Some friends of mine always do this... "oh but it's 4u" they're basically saying "you're expected to fail".

Jeo

Some friends of mine always do this... "oh but it's 4u" they're basically saying "you're expected to fail".
I know what you mean :D

Except, that is way cool. Atleast you feel good!

Just look at me :D When I told my dad that I got 65%, he laughed. He said "65% in maths? Are you joking?". He expects 100%, just coz he was a "genius" and kept getting 100% in whatever maths he did.. He showed me all his work from high school thru to uni, and its pretty cool, except even though I do 4U, I don't understand any of it! (He didn't do skool/uni in aus).

So yeah.. Either way, it all sucks. coz your expected to do something.

Gruma

HSC

But we have like 60 or 70 peeps in the grade. So coming equal 4th with 7 other people is not so bad.

r u saying that there is 60 - 70 ppl doing 4unit maths in ur year?:confused: :confused: :confused:

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC

So yeah.. Either way, it all sucks. coz your expected to do something.
I know... I can't wait till all this crap stuff ends. I'm sick to death of it. Pressure from 4 corners, no one understands the situation better than people who are in it. Although you do get some who like people to think they're on top of it all when they're really stressed out and panicking.

Jeo

Yeah, If I get BE Software @ UNSW, that would be it.. and all this crap would come to an end. I hope. :(

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Yeah, If I get BE Software @ UNSW, that would be it.. and all this crap would come to an end. I hope. :(
I wanted to do that at UNSW for suuuuch a long time... 3 years. Then the market crashed and so I've changed my line... only now I have no idea what I want to do because that was all I ever wanted to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)