half yearly exams!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Clarebare said:
Would I joke you? No, I'm being serious, my school doesn't do half yearlies. I don't know why, it's actually pretty annoying.
I like not doing half yearlies! Don't wish it upon us Clare!

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
do you have the exact question for your essay? well for my first business assessment we had to memorize a essay we wrote at home and reproduce it in class. what i did was finish my essay within a few days and then memorize each paragraph and keep writing it. and then when i had finished memorzing the essay, i use to write it at least 3 or 4 times a day so i can see how much time i can shed off and to test if i fully memorized it. however you might not time for this,
so what i suggest to do is just memorize paragraph by paragraph and recite the essay when you have spare time. thats what i did for my year11 english prelim exam and i think i will do that this time around as well, since i don't have a lot of time to do what for my business essay.
yeah I actually have the exact question for my essay, but it's one of those questions that are really hard to answer, and that require about 4-7 pages :(
And it's worth 25%:eek:
Hey your technique for memorizing essays is actually really good!
I'm gonna try memorizing paragraph by paragraph, like you said. But if it doesn'y work, I'm gonna panick and go back to my way of memorizing, which you wouldn't want to know lol It's too weird

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
yeah I actually have the exact question for my essay, but it's one of those questions that are really hard to answer, and that require about 4-7 pages :(
And it's worth 25%:eek:
Hey your technique for memorizing essays is actually really good!
I'm gonna try memorizing paragraph by paragraph, like you said. But if it doesn'y work, I'm gonna panick and go back to my way of memorizing, which you wouldn't want to know lol It's too weird
well if you got the question then your set to get a good mark. if you have already finished writing your essay, show your teacher for feedback on ways you can improve it. and memorzing isn't hard trust me! however it is pretty frustrating. what is your method lol?

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
common let it out ! it can't be that bad hehe.
errrrrr ok
I record my voice, with me reading the essay (in a very 'professional' tone lol), then I ummm add it to my mp3 player......so unique ay..............lol
Then I keep listening to it over and over again, like when I'm sleeping, walking, bored in class or just when I'm in the bus.

The embarrassing thing is that everyone (almost my whole school) keeps getting the ear phones off me and think that I'm listening to music (when I'm really listening to my own voice). And then they go tell everyone grrrrr then everyone cracks up and will almost die to have the chance to listen to it.:rofl:

lmao but the weird thing is that it actually works for me

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
errrrrr ok
I record my voice, with me reading the essay (in a very 'professional' tone lol), then I ummm add it to my mp3 player......so unique ay..............lol
Then I keep listening to it over and over again, like when I'm sleeping, walking, bored in class or just when I'm in the bus.

The embarrassing thing is that everyone (almost my whole school) keeps getting the ear phones off me and think that I'm listening to music (when I'm really listening to my own voice). And then they go tell everyone grrrrr then everyone cracks up and will almost die to have the chance to listen to it.:rofl:

lmao but the weird thing is that it actually works for me
nothing wrong with that ! heaps of people do it. however i wouldn't do it because i hate hearing the sound of my voice played back to me over and over again lol.

P

pLuvia

Tried that way never worked for me :( Just have to go back to the conventional way of studying

xxxx8888

HSC
i know i'll be studying the least for english because the weighting for it is sooo low and it's not worth all the memorising and fixing up of my essays.

no. 1 priority is probably maths. weighting for that is high and i kinda screwed up my first assessment.

business studies... meh. i've already typed up my summaries.

blah blah.

xx__savannah

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
anyway, I am sooo scared about my english exam, we have to memorize a whole big essay on 'transformations' and then wrtie it up in 60 mins :eek:
Thats the only exam i'm really scared about coz i'm really crap in learning things off by heart :mad1:
How the hell do you guyz memorize ur essays??????

Didn't you have to do that for your prelim? o_O Regardless of no year 11 half yearlies, you've never had to memorise essays?
Why 60 minutes - shouldn't you be practising with 40minutes, or 50 minutes at max?
I just re-write my essay, highlight and colour code the main points -- I can visually remember the writing of the page, and the locations of the colours if I'm having a bad day. Maybe you could give that a go?

taki999

HSC
1.Bio
2.Eco
3.Math
4.English
5.Ancient

hehe recording your on notes seems like a good idea, but isnt it boring? Like how are you suppose to do maths?

Last edited:

Emph

HSC
isn't it odd that the majority of people prioritise english study beneath many other subjects- but english is the only one that HAS to count to your HSC if you have extra units?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Haha, I guess you could record your own voice reciting out all the formulae, although I don't think it would be very effective. It depends on what you find best and easiest to study with, audio is always a possibility.

HSC
Emph said:
isn't it odd that the majority of people prioritise english study beneath many other subjects- but english is the only one that HAS to count to your HSC if you have extra units?
Yea i agree and i tend to that sometimes, english doesnt usually take up that much of my study time in comparison to maths which would take up days of practice questions and revising along with chem etc....

taki999

HSC
Englis for me i study least cause you can bullsh*t your way through, where as subjects like maths and sciences you really make up answers as the answer is pretty much set.

HSC
yea thats how i see it, eng i just re-read ideas and points made in class and poems etc so that i can build my paragraphs on things ive done, its not as set as other subjects in ur choice of answers

Kell.xox

HSC
i think i know my subjects pretty well and some obviusly have a lot more content then others....i think. i based this mostly on the way that they get scaled....the lower the scale the more i need to know to pull the mark right up

1. PD/H/PE
2.ANCIENT HISTORY
3.LEGAL STUDIES
4. DANCE
5. ENGLISH (adv.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)