half-yearlies? (1 Viewer)

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
anyone willing to share what sort of thing was asked on their half-yearly for art? I do it by distance so have no idea what to study...

tillytilly

HSC
Hey, I did mine on Friday. The Frames question was on Warhol, the practice and Conceptual Framework ones I can't recall, but that doesn't matter because they'll be different to yours anyway. Have you done a HSC-style art exam before?

You don't really need to study any one thing in particular ... learn some info about a couple of artists and artworks and ways you can incorporate them into questions about the frames, conceptual framework and practice ... there are 9 essays to choose from so you'll definitely be able to apply what you know to at least one. Just study pretty generally, maybe revise the principles of design and such. There's nothing you really need to know, except for what the Frames represent and how the Conceptual Framework works, and some general info about a couple of artists/artworks.

Good luck, you'll be fine.

zaqwerty

HSC
My first question was to discuss the structural elements of a random artwork.

The second question was accidently left out.... *rolls eyes*

Third question asked you to discuss the practice of an artist, given a number of photographs of his artworks and an exerpt.

The essay question I chose asked me to analyse the role of the critic in the success of artists and their artworks.

jessal

HSC
all i remember is my essay and that question 1 was on AES+F

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
our first question was weird, about some "shit balls" attatched to large poles and being violated , we had to...wait for it...write A LETTER TO THE EDITOR about it. wtf, what is this ? school cert english? like seriously....and then there was a five marker about what a painting by an indian/british artist reflected about power and media - it was about posh and becks. there was also a 12marker on artists practice on this really random artist and 2-3 photos to look at. i seriously made up bullshit because i knew NOTHING. the essay question i chose was easy though, am praying for full marks in section 2 to make up for my abysmal attempts at section 1.
section 1 is annoying, who agrees with me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)