Half Life 2 Ownz!! (1 Viewer)

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
hey guys..i tried to download half life 2 from steam then I stopped it because of some reason..then when i try to resume the download by pressing the half life 2 icon. instead of continuing downloading,it went straight into the game..but when the loading screen came out it froze...what do i do now?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Yeah, steam is fucking annoying.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
yes their steam idea sucks shit

i think this is a good way to go aorund using steam

make a shortcut on your desktop
then enter the directory of hl2.exe and add -steam -console like this,

"C:/HL2/hl2.exe" -steam -console
then run the game from the shortcut. It should work (without multiplayer, online access etc)

(u dont need steam for this)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I love steam guys, it's awesome. I don't really see what the problem is, it works fine? (Well, if you own the game it does)

equiski

HSC
Steam is an entity sent to earth by god to punish people who legally purchase videogame software. Who cares is 80% of people who buy the game have difficulty playing it, as long as Half Life wasn't leaked before release... again.

HSC
even though i did buy the game, there is still illegal versions out there that work ...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
!! AAA !! said:
hey guys..i tried to download half life 2 from steam then I stopped it because of some reason..then when i try to resume the download by pressing the half life 2 icon. instead of continuing downloading,it went straight into the game..but when the loading screen came out it froze...what do i do now?
Uninstall it.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
I love steam guys, it's awesome. I don't really see what the problem is, it works fine? (Well, if you own the game it does)
Dude, I think there are serious issues with Steam. Who the hell wants to have to go through all that updating and installing shit? Even just to test the demo was a painful 850MB or so, installing took long enough, Steam gave me hassles constantly and I couldn't play the demo offline.

Thinking that the full version would be better, I bought it because I actually *enjoyed* the parts of the game I saw. It was no better than the demo.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
illodous said:
Dude, I think there are serious issues with Steam. Who the hell wants to have to go through all that updating and installing shit? Even just to test the demo was a painful 850MB or so, installing took long enough, Steam gave me hassles constantly and I couldn't play the demo offline.

Thinking that the full version would be better, I bought it because I actually *enjoyed* the parts of the game I saw. It was no better than the demo.
Admittedly, I did preload HL2, so that might have helped a tad. But apart from that, Steam has yet to cause me any hassles:

Steam - 0
Microsoft - 9919342045721114093 and rising.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
HL2 is fucking awesome, but Steam is a bitch.

I think the three best games of 04 were:

San Andreas
Paper Mario 2
Half Life 2

(even though they are all sequels and dont do anything particularly new, they are still good)

Immolate

Elvish Warrior!
HSC
Half Life 2 is an awesome game. I waited years for the damn thing to come out, I evne pre-ordered several months before.

The physics in the game are absolutley stunning, as are the graphics. Although, online play (HL2:DM), is a bit of a let down. Same thing over and over. There should be some sort of co-op feature.

Collin

HSC
N/A
The game was pretty good. It's a massive dissappointment that it was delayed for so long. I thought that it felt a bit like Far Cry.. the whole huge FPS adventure thing with huge levels and engrossing gameplay. If this game got released before it, I reckon it would of been a stunning winner.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Played the demo. The best thing about the game is the engine. I used the grav gun thing more then anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)