hairstyles/cuts (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
mandy's colour might wash me out a little bit....but my hair used to be this colour so it shouldnt be too bad:

rei: i dont think drew's hair would suit me. what about someone like nat portman, tammin sursok or catherine zeta-jones?

i like this, but i think maybe some highlights red-ish?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i reakon zeta-jones colour with red highlights would actually look realleh good on you. :)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm just mucking round with combos here....what about something like:
this (maybe with some highlights) on a or b (probably a bit shorter)

thanks perfect :)

Last edited:

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
aww... i cant see those pics... can you post them another way... stupid school computers

kaylz

HSC
one thing you have to bear in mind, when looking at celebrity hairstyles, is that they have their hair and makeup touched up like every three minute. By professionals. Your hair may look kickass right after it's been done but you need something that you can manage in the longer term.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
kaylz: yeah, i know. my hair looked awesome just after she did it (also caus she's got a good straightner), but the day after it started to look a bit average. now that i havent gone to her for a couple of months (last time was feb-ish) and i probably havent been taking the best care of my hair, its looking pretty bad.

i'll probably talk to my hairdresser in the holidays (when i've got time) and see what she sugests

HSC
From what i gather, you want a long sweeping side fringe.

Just be aware that to have a long fringe (i.e. over your eyebrows) you have to manage it. It gets pretty dirty easily, gets in your eyes, mine needs blowdrying every day so that it doesn't get all stringy or messy.

So yeah, go for it and don't look back.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i think i want a sweeping one, but i dont want it too long (ie. a bit shorter than this one. i was thinking one that reaches my eyebrows or just past as apposed to one that's long enough to get in my eyes

thanks for the help/suggestions guys :)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
alby said:
i think i want a sweeping one, but i dont want it too long (ie. a bit shorter than this one. i was thinking one that reaches my eyebrows or just past as apposed to one that's long enough to get in my eyes

be careful, side fringes that short can make your skin oily and you need to wash it more often than you would normally. Also, if you have any kinks/curl in your hair the shorter you cut it the more curlier it (generally, i seem to be the exception to this rule) will be so make sure you've got a good hairdryer/brush/straightener if necessary.

oh also, does anyone know what the treatment is where they sort of perm your hair but only so it goes slightly wavy and not tight curls? I want to do some research on prices and stuff but have no idea what its called.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
thanks steph
what do you mean by ones "that short"?
needing to wash my face more often isnt really a bad thing for me. it's a bit dodgy lately, so if i have to clean it more often, it should clear up a bit (i hope)

my hair's a bit wavy. i've had it short before and it wasnt too bad, but i've got my straightner if worst comes to worst

i'm not sure what that's called, sorry

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You could go artsy like and get the shortish hair with the back spiked up or to the side

shortie_689

HSC
I love my hairdresser I just go an tell her a vague description of what I would like and she creates a masterpeice... I love the way she has done my hair mind you i certainly want it thinned out a little more they are the best of photos but they are the only ones that shows wat my hair is like i just love it like i love havin hair that i like having

sorry about the clevage in the photo

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
AsyLum said:
You could go artsy like and get the shortish hair with the back spiked up or to the side
you seriously think that'd suit me?! or dont you remember what i look like :p

new pic comming soon (since the other one looked so shyte..my hair doesnt look THAT bad really)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
steph@nie said:
be careful, side fringes that short can make your skin oily and you need to wash it more often than you would normally. Also, if you have any kinks/curl in your hair the shorter you cut it the more curlier it (generally, i seem to be the exception to this rule) will be so make sure you've got a good hairdryer/brush/straightener if necessary.

oh also, does anyone know what the treatment is where they sort of perm your hair but only so it goes slightly wavy and not tight curls? I want to do some research on prices and stuff but have no idea what its called.
from what i did at tafe when i did hairdressing, the different sized curls came from different sized curlers, and as far as i know, they are all called perms.
maybe just say you want looser curls and take a picture to show what you want?

HSC
alby said:

Maintenance trouble - It'll be perfect for a week, but within a month it will have grown out to an annoyingly bad length.

And steph, i think you just use really big barrels to get waves. Thin ones give you little ringlets. Or so the logic goes for my curling tongs.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
updated photo:

my hair still isnt that good...but this shot's better than the other one

rei: in that case, the logic with fringes seems to me to get it fairly short (mid-forehead) then after a week it'll be ok?

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
alby said:
updated photo:

my hair still isnt that good...but this shot's better than the other one

rei: in that case, the logic with fringes seems to me to get it fairly short (mid-forehead) then after a week it'll be ok?
yeah, you look better with shorter hair... the longer hair drags down your face. a fringe would look heaps good on you i think.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
the second's nice...dont think i could pull the first off, not sure about the second

this' kinda what my hair looked like when i got it cut (minus the fringe)

i wouldn't mind something like this with a sweeping side fringe...wouldnt have a clue if it'd suit me though

i want something simple, but not plain. there's lots of more high-maintanance styles and i know i wouldnt be able to keep them looking that good. all i know is i want my hair shorter and a sweeping side fringe

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)