H + M Essay Structure. (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey, in regards to essay Structure, I ahve three main points. And I ahve three texts, right.

Should each of my three texts relate to EACH point?

eg, To gain a verifiable truth, history and memory must be explored concurrently.

MUST I use all three texts when exploring that point?

Or can i use 2 texts in first para, 3 in 2nd para and 2 in last para? Is this structure okay?>

Thankyou.

kristinmaree

HSC
You have to remember that you have to spend more time on the core text - about 70:30. I would do a paragraph on the core for each point and then attach one paragraph on each of related texts comparing/contrasting a different point each.

jellybelly59

HSC
You have to remember that you have to spend more time on the core text - about 70:30. I would do a paragraph on the core for each point and then attach one paragraph on each of related texts comparing/contrasting a different point each.
70:30 is too huge an emphasis on core... it doesn't demonstrate your ability to show that history and memory affects more then just your core - also doesn't allow for indepth analysis for your related texts. i think 60:40 is better

kristinmaree

HSC
sorry, my ratios were obviously way out of line.

By the way, what are your points for this topic? It seems everyone is just pulling out the same 'history + memory = better' -type thesis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)