• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gym Junkies (1 Viewer)

Lydia_88

HSC
Count me in!!!

However, since the majority are the weights kind, im the GROUP FITNESS type! Classes i do are RPM, Bodypump, Bodyattack, Bodybalance and sometimes Body step.

A typical week is 5-6 times a week (Some days i train twice a day) when uni and work is on atm (that depends on my schedule, but i try to schedule classes around my gym schedule). Been very busy over the past few weeks so i haven't been able to go 6 times but i am back to this type at the start of April!!!! :cook:

During holiday session its 8 times a week (an thinking of increasing it to 9).:D

A Definite Gym Junkie!

HSC
douches who work out their biceps and ignore every other muscle group in their bodies

Zee Zappo

HSC
Went to Fitness First for a term during school sport and they took us to the Cycle room for the first 2 weeks and I loved it :L
haha well it was a group of 20 of us and the room is really awesome.
Its dark and if you have anything white it glows . So we were just screaming around like a bunch of girls and making stupid faces with our 'exray' teeth :p

Oh and every afternoon (since it was summer) after sport we'd go and have a Large Slurpeee ...yeah pretty pointless. but we were just doing it for the fun of it.

HalcyonSky

HSC
going to the gym to impress someone else is pretty dumb.

also the whole 'ur weak, im strong' thing is dumb too, everyone has a different build, it doesnt matter if ur benching 30kg or 80kg, everyone starts off somewhere.

also, i go once a week, i dont see ppl like that (show offs) at the gym (unsw unigym), but there are some ppl who i see who dont seem to do much, lol.
its like they join just so they can do some exercise, but when they get there they cbf'd, so they pretend they're exercising, and dont take advantage of their membership.

i bought a 10 visit pass last week, and i plan to make full use of it :D
hey omie what do u bench

i personally dont see the issue with someone ripping on a guy who constantly goes to the gym but can barely bench say, half of his bodyweight

if its a guy whos been training for a while loling at a newbie then its a different story

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hey omie what do u bench

i personally dont see the issue with someone ripping on a guy who constantly goes to the gym but can barely bench say, half of his bodyweight

if its a guy whos been training for a while loling at a newbie then its a different story
yeah i agree with u. there's no point in going to a gym if u dont apply yourself properly, otherwise you're just wasting time and money.

i bench 70kg (and i weigh 63.45kg), i could probably go up to 75 or 80 if i wanted to do 3 sets of 5 reps, instead of 10 reps of 50kg, then 65kg, then 70kg (which i comfortably did without assistance) then 5 reps (last 2 were assisted) of 70 again (which is what i did last time i benched, dunno why my friends work out like that).

and last week i finished off my 4th set of dumbell chest press with 30kg (each hand) and 5reps (last 2 were assisted), which is apparently equivalent to about 80kg bench :/

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
pics or gtfo

do you have any progress pics, i remember just a few months ago you said youd never properly benched before

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
pics or gtfo

do you have any progress pics, i remember just a few months ago you said youd never properly benched before
ha, not posting pix, dont take my word for it if u dont want :p
(also i dont take progress pix, 1nce a week gym =/= junkie)

we only have 40kg worth of weights at home, so benching that amount for like 3/4 of a year meant that i didnt actually know my strength, and i've really surprised myself lately.

HalcyonSky

HSC
yeee lads..

Keyboooored warriors need to sort shit out with benchpress.

:jedi:
discussing someones progress?

problem? people generally talk about it because they are genuinely interested in the other persons progress

Scorch

HSC
I find that most of the people at my gym are either fat-ass unfit or like massive footy players or something. I play cricket, which is a far less manly sport, ergo I do fitness stuff like cycling and running and core stuff as opposed to benching like a billion kg. Yet I always feel like a tiny little twig when I go to the gym.

t00l

HSC
gyms a really fun place to work out at and chat to the regulars. what im pissed at are the guys taht think theyre hot shit talking about their "ufc" or "MMA" loud enough for the whole center to hear

"OH BRO. I SWEAR, HE FULLY ARM BARED ME BUT I BROKE OUT OF IT AND MANAGED TO BREAK HIS FACE BRO, CANT BEAT ME COS I GET ALL MY MOVES FROM WATCHING UFC EVERYDAY. DUR HUR"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)