Gwen Harwood (1 Viewer)

D.White

Banned
HSC
So you can do a shallower analysis with less discussion of values, ideas and structure?

Good luck with that.

C

celeste111

D.White said:
So you can do a shallower analysis with less discussion of values, ideas and structure?

Good luck with that.
I do Gwen Harwood. Which poems did you use? By the way, guess who.

nicolaa

HSC
used prize giving and glass jar

referenced father and child for techs tho

vague question.... ''memorable ideas'' is weird.. but essentially simple i thought (i hope)

maddy99

HSC
i used prize giving and the violets didn't really discuss different reading though! woops lol oh well harwood is my worst one!

HSC
-may-cat- said:
cuz father and child is a double poem, u dont have to study heaps and heaps of poems but still have sound knowledge
lol yes, i confess that is why i used it too.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
krazedrealitii said:
lol yes, i confess that is why i used it too.
i personally hate that poem the most out of all the poems we had to study, i mean wtf, the little kid diembowles a owl!?

lucidassembly

HSC
'Father and Child' and 'Alter Ego' :)

The question was a little strangely worded ('memorable ideas'? I wonder if anyone actually argued against the memorability of Harwood's poetry :p), but essentially simple. You could incorporate it into any answer really, so that was good.

Rampager

HSC
Well, I walk in with a 'no one did this combo before' with 'Alter Ego' and 'At Mornington'

I thought memorable ideas = universal concept and themes, such as life, the balance between life and death, love, memories, etc.

xtremedude

awesome member
HSC
Harwood? More like WHOREwood. Am i right guys?:lol:

i did violets n glass jar btw

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Rampager said:
I thought memorable ideas = universal concept and themes, such as life, the balance between life and death, love, memories, etc.
Exactly what I did :)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
For the themes of youth and passions and self realisation, I used Father and Child and Prize Giving.
I interpreted memorable ideals as her themes, that are obviously presented and enforced through her use of poetic techniques
Thennn I went onto a romantic and post modern reading of Alter Ego and said that because her poetic techniques reveal archteypal/memorable themes her poetry can be universally appreciated and interpreted in a variety of contexts

AND it killed my hand =[[

Muchi

HSC
Prize Giving, Glass Jar and Alter Ego.

Accidentally did three and finished the essay before I realised the question said at least TWO! *DOH!*

x-beckyyy-x

HSC
i dont see how 'prize giving' relates to 'memorable ideas' ? my teacher always made it out it didnt fit in with the themes in the rest so i just never thought of using it..

also. i didnt talk about any "readings" because we never one focused on readings in class, will this mean i fail!!?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
x-beckyyy-x said:
i dont see how 'prize giving' relates to 'memorable ideas' ? my teacher always made it out it didnt fit in with the themes in the rest so i just never thought of using it..

also. i didnt talk about any "readings" because we never one focused on readings in class, will this mean i fail!!?
The 'memorable' theme/idea of age vs youth, passion vs academia.

Youth and passion, art and creativity is embodied in the titian haired girl
Age, self interest and academia is embodied in Eisenbart

lucidassembly

HSC
x-beckyyy-x said:
i dont see how 'prize giving' relates to 'memorable ideas' ?
I think that's the thing... you can state that almost any element of Harwood's poetry is memorable. The memorability of something is technically a personal opinion, so as long as you support what you say with evidence, you could say that the composer's discussion of identity/passion/experience/childhood/etc is memorable.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
i used a thin layer of olive butter, distributed evenly over ther toast (toast cooked on level 4, small wonderwhite, 2 pieces), then topped off with a medium spread of vegemite. I know i could have probably done better, but my time was limitied, though i was happy with the overall result.

samwell

HSC
I think any poem could have helped answer this question because of the reference to poetic qualities. The memorable ideas are like the main thing that leads harwood poetry to critical evaluations. so i think the question was fair as it led any student to get their personal response and opinion accross while still answering the question effectively.

EDIT:My fingers are soo gone after this

Muchi

HSC
Question: Did anyone use first person in their response?

I did... driven mostly by the fact that the question said... "In your view..."

samwell

HSC
Muchi said:
Question: Did anyone use first person in their response?

I did... driven mostly by the fact that the question said... "In your view..."
I did use first person but only abit. I used critics to show my personal response and opinions, so evaluating their conclusions in relation to the memorable ideas enabled an analysis of my personal response. I dont think there is any problem but to be safe i didnt use too much of it.

Muchi

HSC
Yep. I'm actually only used to writing 'the audience' and readers... first person is definitely not my thing. But I just figured it suited the question to do so.

Markers Comments have been saying it for a while too... that students need to make their responses more personal instead of copying readings or something right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)