GUYS going solo to formals? (1 Viewer)

L=Lawliet

HSC
I've got my formal in a few weeks with no prospect of a date... :-/
from what i've heard it generally seems OK for girls to go by themselves but what about guys? I still feel like I want to go but if a guy goes alone do they seem like some socially-inept freak or is it sort of accepted?
Advice plz...

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
1. take a woman friend
2. take a friends sister.

it is sort of accepted, but it's cooler if you rock up with someone.

L=Lawliet

HSC
mr_brightside said:
1. take a woman friend
2. take a friends sister.

it is sort of accepted, but it's cooler if you rock up with someone.
mmm... I've considered the former but if I get the thumbs down :( I feel like it'll be uber awkward with them after that... i'm still tossing up between taking that risk or not...

Still, thanks for the advice i'll probably end up doing either of those :)

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
Just go solo. Now maybe it's just the kind of people we get at my school (creative arts lol) but nobody really cares about it.

Also why'd you get the thumbs down? I guess if you didn't mention that you meant in a platonic way but :confused:.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i wrote something, but things stuffed up...so i'll simplify it

step 1:
see if your most of your mates are:
a) bringing someone
b) not bothering to do option a

step 2:
if a), ask girls you know/are friends with (so you don't feel like a 3rd..or 21st wheel)
if b), stuff the chicks and party hard with your mates

step 3:
boogie on down and enjoy the last time you'll be with your whole year in a hell of a long time (if ever)

L=Lawliet

HSC
Mabs said:
Just go solo. Now maybe it's just the kind of people we get at my school (creative arts lol) but nobody really cares about it.

Also why'd you get the thumbs down? I guess if you didn't mention that you meant in a platonic way but :confused:.
Platonic?? :confused: *unsophisticated bloke scratches his head* I just meant if i get rejected...:p

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Platonic = not wanting to hookup. Why would you get rejected?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
by the sounds of things, mabs thought you'd been turned down by potential dates caus they thought/you didnt mention that it'd only be for the formal...ie. "hey, wanna come to the formal with me..i think you're cool" vs. "hey, wanna come to the formal..and caus you're so hot, can i rape you afterwards?"

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
To my year 10 formal I went on my own but it was awesome because then at the afterparty I ended up hooking in anyway ^_^ Going solo is fine if you don't really have anyone you'd wanna go with that's available... Seriously I think it'd be kinda annoying to have to hang out with someone I don't really appreciate :/

Legham

HSC
Who gives a funk if you go with anyone.. There's so many people nobody will notice anyways. I thought i'd look odd not being with anyone when i went, but turns out heaps of people went solo. Formals are shit anyway, you should just skip it and get super drunk for the afterparty.

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
alby said:
by the sounds of things, mabs thought you'd been turned down by potential dates caus they thought/you didnt mention that it'd only be for the formal...ie. "hey, wanna come to the formal with me..i think you're cool" vs. "hey, wanna come to the formal..and caus you're so hot, can i rape you afterwards?"
No what I was referring to was:

"1. take a woman friend
2. take a friends sister."

"mmm... I've considered the former but if I get the thumbs down :( I feel like it'll be uber awkward with them after that... i'm still tossing up between taking that risk or not..."

I didn't see why one of his friends would reject him if he just wanted to go as friends.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Yea the afterparty is where it's all at... the formals tbh were just.. Idk... Idk what the fuck they were.

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
Legham said:
Who gives a funk if you go with anyone.. There's so many people nobody will notice anyways. I thought i'd look odd not being with anyone when i went, but turns out heaps of people went solo. Formals are shit anyway, you should just skip it and get super drunk for the afterparty.
Listen to this man. :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
nah going by yourself is really shameful dude. you need to create another thread on BOS asking for someone to come be your girlfriend (or boyfriend, loal we don't discriminate here) for the night.

but know that you MUST include pictures of your cock if you want anyone who is actually sexxxy to reply. sorry, that's just the way things go around here.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
There was a bachelor table for the single guys, then again they were all friends of the same group and probably made a pact not to turn up with anyone.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
^ He's right. It's no big deal if you don't go with anybody; most of the guys at my formal went on their own and those that did were going with their girlfriends who were at the same school.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
I went to my Yr 10 Formal and Yr 12 Formal solo (while for the former I had a girlfriend, we weren't allowed to bring outsiders to the formal). For the Yr 12 one it was because I was still dealing with the fact I had a major crush on someone and was unable to ask them to come with me (she had a boyfriend). So I ended up going single. Ended up being pretty fun, since that night a whole lot of ladies in my school finally realised that not only am I straight, but I scrub up damn fine.

Pace_T

HSC
if you go by yourself you have a lot more flexibilty. who knows , you might hook up with one of the girls at your school!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
darkwolfzx said:
Theres a point to that. I'm going solo to mine, although the girls at my school are pleading otherwise :D
It's just the threadstarter worried that he's homosexual because he's going solo to his formal. Apparently society says that if we're still single when we graduate from high school, we're doomed to a life of bachelordom or will turn gay.

If it's really a problem, go down to your local gymnastics centre, pick a gymnast - tell her coach you're on the Olympic selection committee if s/he won't let her talk to you - and ask her to your formal. I can't guarantee results, though.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it doesnt matter whether you go with someone or not, hardly anyone in our year went with 'dates' we all just rocked up with our groups of friends and you know, the couples who were already together paired off a bit but yeah...and noone cared.

besides the after party was so much better/less boring/not at doonside. :)

cheer up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)