Guy question: how do i make my hair do this (pic) (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i always figured that kind of hair cut was for art guys.

i suppose things overlap.

whatEFFA

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC
stazi said:
Heya, i wouldnt mind growing my hair a bit and making it look like the attached pic. Problem is that every time i grow it, it just goes up and becomes all puffy (no, not poofy. well maybe a bit of that). If its short I look GangstA - well not really. But you know. I'm all emo and stuff. Emo is teh cool. Sometimes i touch myself at night.

So, without further ado: how do i make my hair mopy. Whilst growing it to this length and not having it shoot up like a mushroom.
See attached image and also my sig.
I wasnt born a hair stylist but i Have a REALLY cool book that is like my hair bible.
It's called 'The Mane Thing' by Kevin Mancuso and outlines the things you have to determine when looking at a hairstyle.

everybody is different.Yes Thats right. I have enough problems finding a style that suits my hair many because my har has a natural 'kink' that sometimes makes my hair look like a pom pom. But enough on that on to the subject.

hair is determined by how it is .Eg.

Straight Hair with no curl or wave . It can be baby fine and limp or straight as an arrow and coarse as a broom. Your particular type of straight hair can fall anywhere along this textual spectrum. And with any type of hair it has it's styling advantages and limitations.CAn stand enoumous ammouns of heat and manipulation. It is hard to curl and shape. This is mostly found in asians and scandinavians.

Wavy near quality to straigh hair because like straight head it lies close to the scalp when it grows out, whereas curly and kinky hair grows in spirals away from it.It's easyier to curl then straight hair, Although it is similar to curly hair with the signiture of S -shaped waves. It' often has the look of bedroom hair, but it's raggedness actully give it more pliability and thickness. Able to blow it out and fancy up styles. However, the smallest number of people call into this catergory amoung the four main hair types.

Curly curly hair mainly high maintance .The hair often causes a natural coarceness making the hair feel and appear dry, the hair becomes dehydrated , making dailey styling routines more work then straight hair.Curly textures can Frizz, bend and curl in humidity, sometimes uncontrolably. Overall , Curly hair is hard to control the volume and definition of the hair. Be aware that chemical processes( perming colouring bleaching ect) can take definition out of curly hair and has applenty versitility.Where straight hair might need a texturising product to give itvolume and pliability in curly it grows naturally allowing freedom to create many style, espescally anything like an uptwist ponytails or looks requiring pins or decoration in the hair. It's good for straightening aswell.

Kinky The wide variety of configurations - frizzy spiraled mixed frizzy and texture curl- all within a range of textures , from very fine to very thic it's also sometims the most fragile of all hair types, prone to damage and breaking, because it hs the fewest cuitacle layers )which hold individual strands together).Chemical treatments can cause problems if not handled with great care.However kinky hair benifits from conditioning , relaxes and straightens easily, can hold curly tyles with great success . Also has a fantastic sheen , which is enhanced with suitable styling aids . Kinky hair is also "self supportive." What this means is that it's naturally dry (unrelaxed state) is can be fashioned into shapes and not need spraying anotheer characteristic to frizzy coarse hair is that it normally grows very dense and can trap oil and dead skin against the scalp making it important to properly clense it on a regular basis regardless whether or not your hair is exceptionally dry or coarse.

Your hair cut also depends on the natural face shapes

Oval
considered the idea face shape .Layering around the face is a good way to add definition. Bangs are often a nice way to decrease the look of an overly oval shape.Top heavy styles are not so good.
Oval colour note: farker colouring ( lowlighting ) all around the face will act as a soft frame

triangular also sometimes referred as a "sweetheart" look because the face can resemble the shape of a heart. Distinguishing features: pointed chin and roundness abouve eye area.(a peak along the center hairline which can accentuate the look.) The simplest cut to offset this shape is an inverted triangle which will balance out the features.Avoid cuts that are top heavy as this will only exaggerate the affect . curly and wavy hairstyles will soften the often servere appearance of the triangular shape
triangular colour note: highlight below the ears to widen the face, lowlight above the ears to narrow.

square Squareness of a face, especially around the jawline , can give the individual the look of strength. However, it can be too stolid and hard edged for some.Try layering around the the face to soften your look. Additionally , curly wavy styles are a great way to give a face some roundness.Normally , the length of a cut should extend below the jawline or else the squareness of the face shape can become exaggerated.Futhermore , pulled back or flattened hairstyle tend to shift the focous back to the jawline.
Square colour note: soften the entire face by lightening the hair all around.

round a round shape is usually equated with weight or added fleshiness or the face, often leaving it with softer or less defined features.Soft layering of hair around the face will give it definition , but anything too geometricc can make the shape look at odds with itself ( eg circle in a square). Any cut , inculding curly or wavy styles with width at the sides will liely make your face appear to be rounder.For this reason , one length cut to the shoulder are typically better then bobs.Also, try keeoing curls back from the face , allowing loose, tousled pices to frame and shape.Any extra fullness of a style on top of your head can make it appear more oval
round colour notes: try placing darker lowlights along the sides of the dface to give it definition and lighter highlights at the top of the head to create length.

long long shapes tend to be easily exaggerated , however, the overall affect can be more striking if the style /cut is sutibly defined by accentuating and layering of the hair aroun d the face , especially at the cheekbone and eye areas .Wearing long, straightone - length hair will only further elongate your face , especially if your hair is darkly coloured.Bangs are another good way to shorten the face , however, top heavy hair style will , again only add to the look of more length.Cuts with more volume at the sides tend to widen the face and bring attention , in particular to the eyes , and parting you hair to one side will create the look of more roundeness.More then splitting it straight down the center.
long colour notes:lighten up the sides of the face to create a illustion of more width and keep the forehead area darker.

anyhow thats it from me :) lol hope you learned something about hair !

daydreamkitty

HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
@daydreamkitty: did you cut and paste that from somewhere??
It's outta a book i have :) and i own the book.I mentioned it before 'the mane thing' by kevin mancuso

Last edited:

daydreamkitty

HSC
Oh welll if you humiliated that much about your hair shave it off ;)
but dont forget if you are going something put some sunscreen on your head otherwise your head will be sore for weeeeeks :)

yes, In year 11 , a hair stylist was bold enough to make something that didnt work on my hair. For 6 months i looked the part of a poodle.*sigh* and this was in a catholic school! :eek: :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)