guitar (1 Viewer)

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i found a guitar the other day and im wondering if its worth learning....and also is te internet gud enough to learn from???

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it requires a bit of perseverence because its painful in the beginning. Your fingers will be sore and red bu after a few weeks of constant playing, you should become immune (i.e skin peel >>> callouses). I think its very worth learning. I like it much more than tinkling a kepboard or a piano...

learning from the net is not bad if you're not too serious about it all. Just learn the basics about the strings, notes, frets (the lines separating the long thing). Once you have that, tabs will be the way to go. If you are serious, then music theory is the way to go (very tedious and i hardly know a person who can be bothered learning guitar theory to read music).

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
get some tabs from one of the millions of guitar table sites (google it), know your strings or google: learn guitar and you'll get a billion resources. Yeah it's seriously worth learning, guitar is cool even tho I can only play the piano.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i've tried learning off tabs but i found it really hard - i couldn't understand them(maybe i'm just dumb). i think if you're serious start off by learning classical guitar (ie notes instead of chords i think). i can play ode to joy and some variation of the blues and michael row your boat ashore (wooo!!!hehe) by teaching myself out of a book. the steel strings hurt but you get over it

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
finally a use for this forum for me

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
cappen said:
i found a guitar the other day and im wondering if its worth learning....and also is te internet gud enough to learn from???
lol where did you find it?

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
in sum random room in my house, its like from 1990 from wen my brother attempted to learn, appparently he last a month or sumthin

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
get lessons first, u cant learn how to play most stuff with out being shown how to play the basic's from someone who knows it. secondly keep gettin lessons, most tabs are done by retards who think they are the greatest player on earth. and they are usually wrong. they sound good but when u play it against the real music of a song it sounds outta tune........so get lessons and stick with it if u want to learn how to play guitar good

slip

HSC
the most common two ways of learning are getting a teacher to teach you the more theoretical shit and what not or just learning from your mates.

either way you inevitably will learn to read guitar tabs and start learnign to play song using resources on the internet.

how good you become depends on how much effort you put in. for you i would say just find a mate to show you the basics... how to read tabs... which string is which... basic chords names... basic notes etc.. a little bit of finger movement... from there you can figure everything else out yourself.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
kool, thanx heaps

o and i almost forgot abu ur a fuck

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
well i didnt forget in the end did i

G

Gavvvvvin

The internet can teach you everything you need to know.

Just remember its a good idea to start learning music theory, standard notation and how to tanscribe by ear right from the beggining. Dont just rely upon crappy internet tabs.

Hooroo.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Teaching yourself is alright, but tuition will make all the difference.

But like I said, everyone plays the guitar.
Why don't you learn something more interesting.

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Abu Ghurayb said:
Teaching yourself is alright, but tuition will make all the difference.

But like I said, everyone plays the guitar.
Why don't you learn something more interesting.
Why don't you use the dvorak keyboard?

... ok that didnt make any sense at all. Goodnight. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)