• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Guitar group - first years (1 Viewer)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
im free mondays 11-2, tuesdays after 11, wednesdays got a couple of hour breaks but not really worth it, thursday free after 1, friday got a 2 hour break from 12-2.

I have an amp, acoustic, electric...but i reckon if we do start a club/society or something, and we get say 20 keen people, we should get everyone to chip in for a couple of amps and a drum kit for the 'music room' and let people jam there (soundproofing would be a pretty big issue though)

...or we could find some 2nd hand gear some members will donate :p

bradc1988

HSC
I say we go down to the conservatorium and steal their stuff...

We should sell that piano and get some acoustics, an amp or 2 and some small kit. Acoustics can always be miced.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
this thread still alive? well someone name a place and time already :p

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
my amp needs new tubes ¬_¬

hopefully i can get a job and get enough money for a new guitar by the end of the year (fender/ESP/ibanez, somewhere along those lines)

um yeah, so what's the go with the group thingy?

bradc1988

HSC
I was thinking of this thread the other day and how it didn't take off. I was talking to a friend, who's a drummer, about the band comp and we might enter next year doing some Dream Theater song. I think it's like $2500 for first!

I'll be getting some job during the summer break so hopefully I'll get some sweet amp by then.

But what's doing with this? We doing anything? I still say we sell that piano and turn it into a real music room! Hmm, I should've entered this years one and just done Classical Gas by myself.

Anyway, I'm easy to spot, I'm in a minority of guys with pony tails, and am singled out from those as I wear a hat....so yeah...

foreveryoung

HSC
bradc1988 said:
I was thinking of this thread the other day and how it didn't take off. I was talking to a friend, who's a drummer, about the band comp and we might enter next year doing some Dream Theater song. I think it's like $2500 for first!

I'll be getting some job during the summer break so hopefully I'll get some sweet amp by then.

But what's doing with this? We doing anything? I still say we sell that piano and turn it into a real music room! Hmm, I should've entered this years one and just done Classical Gas by myself.

Anyway, I'm easy to spot, I'm in a minority of guys with pony tails, and am singled out from those as I wear a hat....so yeah...
i was thinking along the lines of a more coldplay/jet/killers kinda outlook.. and mainly something that'll help everyone improve skills before we enter band comp next year.. so tell us your free times.. i'm avail thursday 12-4 or monday 3-5.. anyone got a place where?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
my times are as above like everyone else who wanted to jam

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I work fulltime... so I can't go to anything really on weekdays. However if anyone wants to come around to mine to jam in the evening or on a weekend, then sure. I've got 2 amps now, plus 2 electrics... though one is kind of shit. but for real, I live in Marrickville. but I'm in a unit, so we can't play real loud.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I have a 30 watt line 6. This is my new amp and it's quite good. My other amp is my old one. It is a peavey 15 watt range. It's kind of a piece of shit, but good enough.

bradc1988

HSC
Hm I'm guessing it's the Line 6 Spider II, they're decent for the price, but IMO sound like shite. You should save up for a nice tube amp instead of getting a couple of small digital/solid state amps.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
bradc1988 said:
Hm I'm guessing it's the Line 6 Spider II, they're decent for the price, but IMO sound like shite. You should save up for a nice tube amp instead of getting a couple of small digital/solid state amps.
still saving up for that mesa eh :)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
bradc1988 said:
well, there wasn't much point in getting a bigger amp at this point I figured. Firstly I didn't have the money to buy anything more expensive, and either way where I live I can't play that loud anyway. I can get some pretty good sounds out of it. It's limited of course, but for the price I reckon it's about as good as you can get. I'm not a big amp man anyhow, I'm more interested in the guitar skills.

What do you have anyhow?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I work at a music store and can get you guys -some- discount on this kinda stuff, so if you are serious on the Line 6 Spider or the Mesa Boogie, PM me with the item, your real name etc. and I'll see what I can do :)

bradc1988

HSC
goony said:
still saving up for that mesa eh :)
Haha I'll always be saving for that...Sooo expensive, I'm looking into ENGL at the moment.

fleepbasding said:
well, there wasn't much point in getting a bigger amp at this point I figured. Firstly I didn't have the money to buy anything more expensive, and either way where I live I can't play that loud anyway. I can get some pretty good sounds out of it. It's limited of course, but for the price I reckon it's about as good as you can get. I'm not a big amp man anyhow, I'm more interested in the guitar skills.

What do you have anyhow?
Hm makes sense. I don't have anything at the moment, just my electric and acoutic. I had a small 30 watt Marshall that I sold, because its tone hurt my ears. I'm slowly saving for a new amp, not to sure on what yet though.

ujuphleg said:
I work at a music store and can get you guys -some- discount on this kinda stuff, so if you are serious on the Line 6 Spider or the Mesa Boogie, PM me with the item, your real name etc. and I'll see what I can do
Oshi...What store do you work at and what discounts can you get? Any on ENGLs? Specifically an ENGL Screamer 50 combo. Man I wish I had the money at the moment to take advantage...I'm planning on getting a part-time job during the long break at the end of the year, and I'm thinking of getting one at a music store. Was it hard to get? I want either a music store or a games/electronics store...Hmm, still months away anyway.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
ujuphleg said:
I work at a music store and can get you guys -some- discount on this kinda stuff, so if you are serious on the Line 6 Spider or the Mesa Boogie, PM me with the item, your real name etc. and I'll see what I can do :)
cool, thanks! I'll keep that in mind when I want to upgrade my amp.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
ujuphleg said:
hey mate where do you work? im trying to look for a job at the moment (plus i think i'll take you up on your offer down the track) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)