Guitar group - first years (1 Viewer)

foreveryoung

HSC
Important - Guitar group - first years

hey guys..

im looking for a couple of people to help me form a guitar band/group so that we can play for the band comp either htis year or next.. and keep it up.. im an intermediate player wanting to improve so any guys at the same level (or better) let me know.. we can get together each week or so and practice guitaring and stuff like that.. anyone interested?

P.S. we'll need a drummer and a bas too guys :p

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Depends what kinda stuff you're playing/planning to play.

Come to think of it, with uni being so liberal open minded and all, i'm quite surprised that no-one has started a rock n roll society or a muso's club or something like that. >_>

Last edited:

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
I'm into it.
I'm really a neubile guitarist (I can play most chords and fingerpick; with the occasional solo) but I'm always looking for other music-minded guys to jam with. There are next to none in B.Com :(

bradc1988

HSC
We should form our own society!

I'd play, depends what you want to play. I would play bass for you but I ain't got no bass.

Would it be covers or originals?

munchymoocow

HSC
N/A
goony said:
Depends what kinda stuff you're playing/planning to play.

Come to think of it, with uni being so liberal open minded and all, i'm quite surprised that no-one has started a rock n roll society or a muso's club or something like that. >_>
I'm pretty sure there's a RockSoc

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I am pretty good. I can fit into most rock-styles and can solo good (I mean, not that you want too many soloers). I have a song here-http://music.download.com/fleepbasding- that I wrote and recorded 1-2 years ago. I am better than that now, and it is by no means reflective of my general musical style.

Important note: I am not actually a 1st year atm. I've deffered Uni this year and I begin in 07.

And yeah, there really should be a music/jamming society! Great idea!

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
munchymoocow said:
I'm pretty sure there's a RockSoc
i didnt see one on o-week....there was a rocketsoc, rover crew and a musical society (which, funnily enough, does musicals) :p

unless i missed something...or there was some kind of secret room that they did it in o_O

i actually asked the guy at wentworth if the music room had a drum kit in it and everything...but no, just a piano and the room doesn't currently exist anymore ¬_¬

foreveryoung

HSC
lol.. linking park is good, no bass is good.. this idea is good ^^ but keep in mind guys im a semi-newb-intermediate.. i dunno... PM me ppl!

bradc1988

HSC
I've never seen this rocksoc, I went through the list one day and it wasn't there, I don't think...There's a Jazz Society...that's it.

Wolfowitz

HSC
I was thinking today that if we didn't have drums or bass we could just get a mean-ass keyboardist. I'd be happy to switch to keys but there's a few things:

- I'm reasonably musical but bad-ass wicked keyboard solos (think Iron Butterfly - " IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN HONEY..."
- I'd be buying a keyboard after April 1st (that's when my scholarship kicks in :p)
- I don't have beats/sync software which I'd need to pick up somewhere.

Aside from that I'd be more than happy to keys instead of guitar...I find electronica much more diverse.

Wolfowitz

HSC
Also when do you want to meet up and talk about this? Here's my timetable:

Mon: 10-12; 2-3; 5-7
Tue: 1-3
Wed: 10-11; 1-2
Thu: Nothing all day
Friday: FULL

# So anything but Friday is good for me.

To this meeting you'd also bring song ideas and tab and musical direction for the group.

foreveryoung

HSC
hey.. ive got a keyboard.. dunno how we'll ever transport it anywhere though.. and im free on thursdays from 12-5 or so, and wednesdays 1-2

foreveryoung

HSC
well firstly, is this just as a group of ours or for band comp? cuz if for the latter im gonna hvae to practice real hard so as to not let you guys down if i do at all... but i love jet style.. that's pretty good.. then nickelback's good too.. let's decide lol. PM me so I"ll give you my contact details =)

bradc1988

HSC
I'm up for anything, I havn't really been able to play any geetar recently because of Uni so this would be a good reason to. We could form a Soc/group or do the band thing, but I'll do either/both. I'll put the hours I'm free up

Monday -> 9-10, 12+
Tuesday -> 9-10, 1+
Wednesday -> 12-4
Thurday -> 9-10, 1+
Friday -> Maybe for an hour from 10-11, I have a Tafe thing from 1 and have to go home before that to get gear and stuff.

Ninja Edit: Oh but I don't have an amp at the moment. I have an acoustic and an electric, but no amp.

foreveryoung

HSC
omg mate lol.. join the club.. i have an acoustic and an electric but no amp as well.. i had to give mine to someone.. i'll put my free hours:

monday: 10-11, 12-2, 3+
tuesday: 9-10, 12-1, 2-4, 6+
wednesday: 12-2, 6+
thursday: 9-10, 12-1, 2+
friday: 10-11, 1-2

let's just form a group and get practicing for like band comp next year or something =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)