Guitar Anyone? (1 Viewer)

gibsonsgshred

HSC
Any guitarists round here!!!!! Personally I think there is no better way to relax then to play guitar.

Tell us the guitar of your dreams and your favourite Guitar solo of all time!!!!! :guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i'd love to learn how to play the electric guitar.

how easy is it to learn? Can you just pick one up and self learn, like piano? Or is it much harder/more to it?

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i'd love to learn how to play the electric guitar.

how easy is it to learn? Can you just pick one up and self learn, like piano? Or is it much harder/more to it?

nah, it's pretty easy if you just want to learn basic accompaniment (chords, etc).

i just got myself a "how to learn guitar" book and a book of commonly used chords and taught myself.

if you've got an ear for music and can play other instruments you'll be able to pick it up super quickly.

gibsonsgshred

HSC
Nah, sg's are sexy, but it comes down to personal preference, there are so many awesome guitars out there. Guitar is pretty easy to pick up and learn. You just have to be patient, practice a little bit each day and in time you will able to play literally millions of songs.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ESP TOM ARAYA is a pretty awesome bass guitar.

edit: also, my kinda music would be much harder to learn, lol

gibsonsgshred

HSC
I spose Omie Jay, if your into the extremes of metal it is hard to learn. Though if you begin learning now and practice alot you will get there. Metal is not that hard to be able to play many of the riffs, it's the shredding solo's that are the difficult bit.

By the way katietheskatie there have been some great left handed guitarists Jimi Hendrix, Tony Iommi (blacksabbath, also played an sg :uhhuh:), Albert King, Paul Mcartney and Kurt Cobain (though I'm not a fan).

It doesn't matter that it looks strange it's how you play that counts :headbang::headbang:

Klutsov

HSC
Gibson Les Pauls are classic guitarsThe best Guitar solos are Sweet Child o' Mine (final one) and November Rain (first one)As you can see, I am a big fan of SlashClassical Gas is pretty cool too

GuitarLegend06

Brent Young
HSC
I have been playing guitar for about 5 years now, both acoustic and electric, i play in a gigging acoustic cover duo, but been working on starting an original like full band.I've been getting lessons off 'Dave Weiner' from the steve vai band via webcam and mic.Current rig:Ibanez Jem 7v >> Boss CS-3 >> M.I. Audio Tube Zone >> Ulbrick Megalodon >> Ulbrick Stadium 120 ( with modded all tube fx loop) with 2x12 celestion vintage 30's Ulbrick cab.FX Loop - Boss DD-7have to say favourite guitar solo would be Hollow Years by Dream Theater on the live at budakan dvd, Petrucci raaaapes it

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
also in reference to the op's username, sgs are one of the least attractive guitars out there imo
Not to mention they're really neck heavy (the bc rich ironbirds also have this problem. You can probably just move the strap button though).

I got myself an epiphone les paul guitar and a yamaha bass. I'm on the lookout for an ibanez PGM though (mid 90's version)

azaduffy

HSC
I have been playing guitar for about 5 years now, both acoustic and electric, i play in a gigging acoustic cover duo, but been working on starting an original like full band.I've been getting lessons off 'Dave Weiner' from the steve vai band via webcam and mic.Current rig:Ibanez Jem 7v >> Boss CS-3 >> M.I. Audio Tube Zone >> Ulbrick Megalodon >> Ulbrick Stadium 120 ( with modded all tube fx loop) with 2x12 celestion vintage 30's Ulbrick cab.FX Loop - Boss DD-7have to say favourite guitar solo would be Hollow Years by Dream Theater on the live at budakan dvd, Petrucci raaaapes it
nice one man! hahaha someone else with abit of pride in their gear :) lol!

great to see you using some RAD aussie gear! im touring east coast next year and im getting one of the new MI Audio Revelations..... they are pretty freaking awesome man!.... im getting it sent to me for free..... and 2x 4x12's - endorsements are awesome! hahahaha!
i OWN a Fender 'evil' twin reverb (great cleans), and play a Brian Moore C-90T... but i want to get a couple PRS's and i REALLy like the feel of the Petrucci model music man's...

not a big fan of Ibanez through I have so say (sorry!), i WANT to like them, but i just dont feel comfortable.... and they sound abit thin to me.... but thats just me :)

Yeah, Petrucci is my favorite guitarist (well..... probably the one who has influenced me the most through the years...), but satch has great feel, vai is a rad performer, gilbert is flashy! hahaha, shawn lane is...... WAS.... AWESOME, and others like Guthrie Govan, Greg Howe etc...

you should check out the guy im touring with next year, Todd Robinson... i reckon you'd like it :)

Todd Robinson on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm mostly acoustic now. Mainly play modern acoustic fingerstyle. So basically, over-the-neck chords, retunings (mainly DADGAD), guitar body percussion, slap harmonics, partial capo's, and right hand tapping.

ButtonsPWD

HSC
I play (try to) death metal, deathcore, metalcore and so on, but it can be kind of hard when you're playing all this on a Fender Squier. Have to say though, i've gotten some mileage out of it! My favourite solo would have to be Floods by Abigail Williams, which i'm sure you would all be familiar with! But i agree, its a great hobby. and it gives you something to do when you're supposed to be doing your chemistry assignment........
:hat:

beardedwoman

HSC
used to be into guitar a little, then sort of got lazy. Have an electric & a few acoustics at home.

Slash from Guns n Roses does the best guitar solos. Also he is 90% of the reason why people listen to GnR so go figure.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
bring an amp and an electric guitar into a church on a sunday.
plug in the amp then the guitar.
have your pick ready.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF CHRIST MUSIC.

Viitahh

HSC
favourite guitar would have to be Les Paul Supreme .. gold alloy frets, mahogany body & beautiful parallelogram fingerboard inlays :spzz: :speechless: oh jesus ..
eddie van halen's solo from jump is by far my favourite :headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)