• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Guesstimating ATAR... (1 Viewer)

malharcfc08

HSC
hey everybody,
i'm doing Chemistry, Physics, Advanced English, Maths 4U, Earth and Environmental Science. and so far, my Chem and Environmental marks are 95+, 3U is around 85, Adv English is atrocious, between 75-80, and Physics is atrocious too, around 75, and 4U is around 75...i'm aiming for an ATAR of 96+ ...obviously I'm going to have to work on English and Physics, but what is the normal school assessment mark for 4U maths???? and what should the mark in every subject be to get an ATAR of 96+ ? and as someone said before, be brutally honest, it's the best way..any help appreciated. thanks.

malharcfc08

HSC
1st in Chemistry, 1st in Earth and enviro, 3rd in Ext2 Maths, 4-5th in 3U, 2nd in Adv English, 5-6th in Physics..i go to randwick boys, so that's 84 or something...

malharcfc08

HSC
okay thanks..and have u already finished ur HSC..if u have, and even if u haven't, any tips on English (particularly essay writing, i'm fine with unseen texts) and Physics???thanks a lot again..

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
For english, seriously make use of your teacher, bombard them with essays, notes, related texts and get them to give you feedback until you can nail an A+, I write plenty of practice essays so I get to the point where I have the key points and quotes I need so I can answer any unseen question thrown at me.

A lot of people memorise their essays and whilst it doesn't work THAT well for me, it may for you and there are plenty of people here who can help if you wish to approach it like that

Physics I dropped in Prelim, but definitely make sure you understand the theory/concepts and learn to apply them to past HSC questions. Learn to set out your answers right and in detail, use a marking criteria to check

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
No advice to add but that I'd be shocked if you didn't get 96+. You ranks are good and so is your school rank. I reckon you'd be at a close to 98 atm.

LonelyWolf

HSC
hey everybody,
i'm doing Chemistry, Physics, Advanced English, Maths 4U, Earth and Environmental Science. and so far, my Chem and Environmental marks are 95+, 3U is around 85, Adv English is atrocious, between 75-80, and Physics is atrocious too, around 75, and 4U is around 75...i'm aiming for an ATAR of 96+ ...obviously I'm going to have to work on English and Physics, but what is the normal school assessment mark for 4U maths???? and what should the mark in every subject be to get an ATAR of 96+ ? and as someone said before, be brutally honest, it's the best way..any help appreciated. thanks.
haha that is not atrocious

malharcfc08

HSC
okay thanks sly hunter (or ur real name)..and lets not go into 'Chelshit', i've had this same debate for the past decade (i kid u not), and i've won every single time. What a great comeback btw. 5th to 2nd....Blue is the colour!

malharcfc08

HSC
btw, i severely doubt my school rank is 84...i think i was looking at the wrong thing..i'll check again and tell u what it is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)