Guaranteed Course Transfer (1 Viewer)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Has anyone gone through the Guaranteed Course Transfer Scheme? I'm just wondering cuz Im applying, I think, and got told that I can just hand the form in to a student centre...

The form is a little confusing too, any info would be appreciated :)

L

LaraB

you could try giving the student call centre a call?

a friend called them about that last year coz she said its a really weird form and the guy she got on the phone was so nice - he went through it all like...step by step:)

depends on who you get whether they'll help but it's worth a try:)

if you're really lost you could always try the student services/counselling people - they're willing to help with pretty much anything to do with uni it seems:)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
thanx, I've spoken to a few people about it in student services and on the call centre, I was wondering if anyone had done it on here and if it is actually 'guaranteed' as long as you have a GPA > 5

klh

HSC
YES! It is GUARANTEED!
as long as your gpa is greater than 5.01, > 5.01 than you get into it, but you need to hand in a form and ge tthe course coordinater of the course you want to get into to sign and say that they allow/agree willin g to let you into the course...its quite a simple process, meail them and theyll ask you to meet them, theyll check your record and if your gpa is better than/greater than 5.01, theyll sign your form, and hten you hand it to teh student office before the deadline and you just wait fo rthe ltter of acceptance.

i can see hwo youre worried abot it, butit does say guaranteed after all you know...

hope it helps.

ally15

Beep.
HSC
on the form i handed in it didnt say anything about getting the course co-ordinator to sign anything :| oh dear.
the last page had GPA= ___ reject? approve? but that was for office use only it said.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
u fill in the form, get the co-ordinater to sign it (the co-ord of the degree u wanna transfer INTO) and fill out a new HECS form, then hand the two forms into the student centre

i applied for it mid-year this year, didnt get it though

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
few weeks.....as long as u know ur gpa is over 5.01 then it don't matter, letter just comes and makes you more satisfied, just work at ur grades

texta83

HSC
I did a course transfer using this scheme after my first semester. I transfered from IT at campbelltown to Comp Sci at UWS.

If you get gpa of 5 or above then you are guaranteed of getting into the course of your choice. That is why it is called a guaranteed course transfer. You don't need the course co-ordinators authorisation to switch, that is only for internal course transfers ( a different bunch of forms).

I need to warn people however, as easy as gettin 65 or above average sounds, it isnt that easy. You are going to have to work hard!

ally15

Beep.
HSC
u see, im starting to think ive filled out the wrong form or something...
so if i want to change to a different course at a different campus i need to get it signed or not...

texta83

HSC
ally15 said:
so if i want to change to a different course at a different campus i need to get it signed or not...
When i did the guaranteed course transfer you didnt need the course coordinators signature, but that was a few years back. You had to get it for the internal course transfers. It may have changed now tho, you should ask the student centre, if you get through the bitchiness they are quite helpful.

L

LaraB

texta83 said:
I need to warn people however, as easy as gettin 65 or above average sounds, it isnt that easy. You are going to have to work hard!
don't forget though people - you don't 'need' 65+ in each unit to get a GPA of 5+...

if you get 2P's and 2D's or 2 C's a P and a D you still get the GPA of 5..

so i mean... you could hypothetically get marks of 50, 50, 75 and 75 and still get the required GPA so you don't have to do well in every unit:)

that said too - just depends on the course... some courses - you don't have to work 'hard' to get above credits... as long as you do all teh readings, turn up to all the classes, do all the activities, hand the assignments in on time and put a little effort in - ie not all nighters - you should get credits if you genuinely do all of the above:)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
some courses - you don't have to work 'hard' to get above credits... as long as you do all teh readings, turn up to all the classes, do all the activities, hand the assignments in on time and put a little effort in - ie not all nighters - you should get credits if you genuinely do all of the above:)
That sounds like Ally's course. No wonder why shes doing so well :rolleyes:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
ally15 said:

yes u need to get it signed

and yes you still get a letter if its not successful

ally15

Beep.
HSC
:O u could hear me talking?! and i didnt sit at teh back:p
but i always came late though coz of tiemtables etc

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, I just realised who you are!

No, I couldn't hear you talking, but I suspect that everyone in those lectures were talking at some stage.

texta83

HSC
LaraB said:
don't forget though people - you don't 'need' 65+ in each unit to get a GPA of 5+...
True dat. I was just trying to say that some (especially new students) look at credits as easy to get since they are 'only' 65 or greater. Prob because 65 is piss easy to get in the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)