• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gsm Network And Cdma Network (1 Viewer)

izzert

HSC
The Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME... HOW THIS SYSTEM OPERATES? I RESEARCHED OFF THE INTERNET.... BUT I DON"T GET IT.... SO PLEASE CAN SOME ONE EXPLAIN? HELP????

Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA)

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME AS WELL>.. I DON"T GET IT!!!!! SO HARD!!!

HELP??? PLEASE?

AND ALSO... where do the mobile phone spectrum lie, compared with the other broadcasts bands such as AM radio, Fm radio and television????

HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Last edited:

izzert

HSC
dude, it doesn't fit the bill man... i've been there before.

but thanx newaiz....

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i believe mobile phone is microwave... hence the whole issue about putting brain in microwave etc...

CDMA seems not syllabus related... did your teacher ask you to research on that?!

GSM is just how mobile phone works... your mobile phone connects to the nearest port in a "cell" through radio waves...

also, please don't cap unnecessarily...

izzert

HSC
yeah.. my teach asked me to research on CDMA and GSM

but i don't get the concept

where do the mobile phone spectrum lie, compared with the other broadcasts bands such as AM radio, Fm radio and television????

What frequency does CDMA use?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
mobile phone i think uses microwave.... ie longer wavelength than radio wave or IR

not entirely sure on CDMA.... not entirely an expert on waves.... though the principle seem to suggest that it doesn't really matter about the freqency, and it is multi-channeled...

bboundy

HSC
Close, but not quite. Microwaves have a higher frequency than radio (although technically microwave is part of the radio spectrum), and therefore a lower wavelength and higher energy. The difference between CDMA and Digital is more how they digitize the information. They're still relatively close on the EMS.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I'm the IPT boy.

Radio Waves
the fantastic advent of 3G technology for mobile phones uses 3GHz transmission and reception and the signals travel at a constant speed of 300,000,000 ms-1, very fast.

bboundy said:
Close, but not quite. Microwaves have a higher frequency than radio (although technically microwave is part of the radio spectrum), and therefore a lower wavelength and higher energy. The difference between CDMA and Digital is more how they digitize the information. They're still relatively close on the EMS.
GSM and CDMA are just protocols, rules that govern communication, so they should be pretty close on the RADIO frequency of the EMR spectrum.

EDIT: I thought this was in the Preliminary course, or does the teacher ask you to investigate radio waves ? If the latter applies, that is quite impractical.

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
bboundy said:
oops my bad...

dealing with IR most of my life, actually forgot radiowave exist (hence always had the idea that microwave is the longest wavelength)

bboundy

HSC
f3nr15 said:
EDIT: I thought this was in the Preliminary course, or does the teacher ask you to investigate radio waves ? If the latter applies, that is quite impractical.
The EMS is part of the prelim course, but the topics where cdma etc. is covered is the hsc course.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
what? cmda? unless they revoluntionised hsc physics, i'm sure you don't need to know such a thing...

not for core modules any way...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)