Group work, and why it sucks! (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
How would they know you're such a hard worker before choosing you?
Usually you can tell--like the way someone oozes confidence, you can tell if they ooze diligence and/or have a good working attitude. People tell me they can see it in me from a mile away, so eh.

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
How would they know you're such a hard worker before choosing you?
When I jot down stuff during class, I do it furiously (like extremely quickly with intense concentration and I write a lot of stuff sometimes) so people would assume that this person is a total geek who "takes it all".

People who tend to speak up/answer/ask questions very often (especially: loudly, as if without fear) would be portrayed as being hardworking.....and I do that in some classes.

:wave: This is shit. Why would people judge you simply from the surface? (They don't even truly know you)

No matter how much you try to tell them "I'm not like this, stop asking me weird questions and saying things like 'oh do you go home and start studying right away?' and 'oh, I went to bed sooo early last night without even finishing studying, and I bet you must be studying till late, right?' and 'hahaha I know why you quit your job. You want to study!' " they won't change their "smart" views.

Sigh, is being shallow and THIS judgemental ever a good thing?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Hell yes, its the worst kind of work ever.

And if you think that YOU got it tough, how about an in-class groupwork report on the economy of a country? We gotta know the stuff beforehand, and its bloody annyoing.

My partner is pretty good though, its just communication when writing the report (different writing styles, preferences, approaches to the outcomes, etc) that'll be the issue.

stephenchow

HSC
S1M0 said:
Hell yes, its the worst kind of work ever.

And if you think that YOU got it tough, how about an in-class groupwork report on the economy of a country? We gotta know the stuff beforehand, and its bloody annyoing.

My partner is pretty good though, its just communication when writing the report (different writing styles, preferences, approaches to the outcomes, etc) that'll be the issue.
Your in university already?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lala2 said:
Usually you can tell--like the way someone oozes confidence, you can tell if they ooze diligence and/or have a good working attitude. People tell me they can see it in me from a mile away, so eh.
if lativa doesn't ooze one thing, it's confidence.

NinjaSauce

HSC
This just happened to me in one of my classes.

We got a group project for about 5-6 people, and i sat next to and introduced myself to a mature aged student who looked very serious about getting this done well. Chatted, found out he's done heaps of other study, and has great work ethic! Score! We decided to pair up for the group, and to find some others.

"Oh, i've someone else already, so we have no have 3"
"Ok, cool, who?"
"Her" Points at FOB student - Who i have talked to, and can not, for the life of her, speak english. The most understandable sentence i got was in reference to a Irish lec we have; "He got funny voice".

Sigh. This back-fired.

Later on, when we we're adding others, i said to him [in private], "Mate, just warning you, i am seriously concerned with her ability to do the work..."
He went on some blabble about discrimination, etc, etc. Riiiiiiiiiight.
Since when is it 'illegal' to discriminate on language and/or capacity to work?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
NinjaSauce said:
This just happened to me in one of my classes.

We got a group project for about 5-6 people, and i sat next to and introduced myself to a mature aged student who looked very serious about getting this done well. Chatted, found out he's done heaps of other study, and has great work ethic! Score! We decided to pair up for the group, and to find some others.

"Oh, i've someone else already, so we have no have 3"
"Ok, cool, who?"
"Her" Points at FOB student - Who i have talked to, and can not, for the life of her, speak english. The most understandable sentence i got was in reference to a Irish lec we have; "He got funny voice".

Sigh. This back-fired.

Later on, when we we're adding others, i said to him [in private], "Mate, just warning you, i am seriously concerned with her ability to do the work..."
He went on some blabble about discrimination, etc, etc. Riiiiiiiiiight.
Since when is it 'illegal' to discriminate on language and/or capacity to work?
Yeah thats pretty stupid alright.

When my dad was at uni, he was assigned (it wasn't his choice) to a group of indians. These guys were absalute idiots who didn't know jack, and they told my dad to write the report. He tried to go to the professor, but he just said "Tough Luck".

So in the end he had to do the groupwork task all by himself, which would've been pretty tough.

Thats life i guess, and there's a lot of idiots in life, but thats just how it is.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
then they would have been pwned by the peer assessment, and received a very small percentage of the marks.

HSC
Thankgod the people in my tute in which I need to do group work can coherently construct a sentence. No FOBs at Deakin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)