Group Performance (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
Our school has to have out GP's ready by Wednesday next week. owabout everyone else here? I think our group should easily get 8-12 mins...ne1 worried about their time?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
nah we'll definetly get the 8-12 mins.. The only thing im worried about is my group just doesnt have the motivation it had when we were on a drama camp. but we'll get it done

toddy_

HSC
We have a preliminary performance next friday. We have to show a substantial amount of our piece, but it does not have to be complete - the teacher really just wants to see that we have got a strong piece which is developing well.

We should have a decent amount of time, even if some aspects of our piece may be weaker than others

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
time is easy to fill .... it is the Relevancy of the content that you use to fill the piece that is the problem. My group always come up with silly ideas and we do them and they work only they do not fit with our mission statement so w are way over 12mins and we have to take some stuff out now. my group will not get a good mark for our gp I just know it.

niteshade1312

HSC
We have a work in progress on Wednesday too, and we are well and truly good for time. I think the more we practise as well the more concise its going to be ebcayse we are at 12 minutes going kinda slow, and ours needs to be fast...

What are yours all about?

Alaranth

Wow, that is SOON!
We've been getting a topic r object or something, and getting 40minutes to make something, then show it at the end. Now we've started having 3 lessons to make something and showing it on the 4th lesson. You guys are so far ahead of us! *is scared*

niteshade1312

HSC
Well we had work in progress today, and even though I felt that more practice would be better, we did a pretty good job. The 12 minutes went so fast and I felt we left a huge chunk out, but everything seemed to flow. Definately needs more worl, but was pretty good!

Kyroth... does that mean you don't have a script or a proper outline? And that your going to make it up on the day?

Peartie

HSC
ours was 11.00 minutes...good time

I got 24.5 for mine...pretty bad lowest in my group (others were 27.5, 27 and 25)

smithica

HSC
we had to perform our finished work at our school performance night last night!!!!! it was so nerve racking!!! it was good to get it over with and supposedly the other markers were pleased with all our performances. tomorrow we get to see the video of it and start making improvements but it's so scary how soon it is!!!! is anyone else frightened of the idea of relying on others for a hsc mark cause i'm petrified, you just don't know what will go wrong

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Damn, i thort this thread was about an orgy....

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I wouldn't worry about that ... as long as you know the basics of what you are doing and there is some material there then your ok ... after you do all your scenes then you should sript it and make it a tight performance ...

My group is going fairly well we only have around 7 minutes of material but for or assesment our group mark was 9 and our individuals were 9, 9, 8, 8, 6.5. (Out of 10). So we are ok I guess.

niteshade1312

HSC
That's heaps good, but shouldn't everyone in teh group be getting around about the same mark all the time. I have no idea who told me, but they said its better if the whole group all get the same mark, for continuity

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Yeh everyone should be getting the same mark but not everyone pulled their weight at the performance. And we have a girl that never contributes or shows up to practise so she received a poor role in our piece therefore giving her a bad mark.

kristie87

HSC
at least you guys are all getting somewhere.

we still haven't even got a performance yet because group members keep screwing us around...(long story)...and we have to have the full performance by week 2 next term sometime.

kristie87

HSC
Obviously, something.
Someones gotta take charge, so now iv sat down and formally given my input - all my thoughts, feelings and ideas - and im hoping that this will get the ball rolling.

niteshade1312

HSC
the ball better start rolling pretty quickly. You can't sit around all day, that's what my group has been doing lately and even though we havea script and stuff, we haven't been motivated about working on it..

kristie87

HSC
Yeh, i know exactly what that's like. But hopefully things are gunna change now someones taken a bit of initiative.

Good luck with yours!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)