Grind House (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
well this was ignored :p

any more hype or excitement about the new tarantino venture?

here's one of the fake trailers in between the features (eli roth's - of hostel and cabin fever fame):
http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/777/777376p1.html

it's amusing, though i think rob zombie and edgar wright trailers will be funnier

any thoughts??

icecreamdisco

HSC
between this and 300 - the two fanboy-friendly films of the moment - i'm much more keen on this one. looks like a ton of fun.

i must say though, films like this make me wonder if 'casually awesome' is still a plausible thing for a movie to be anymore.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
This looks so awesome.

I am very worried though, cause I have a bad, bad feeling that the movie will be split into two parts over here. If I don't get the see the whole thing on the big screen then I may have to kill.

walrusbear

HSC
i'm fairly sure it's only being split into two movies for 'non-english' speaking countries only
it's been marketed here as the one feature

what's more annoying is the release date is pushed back to May 31st
a further two months wait

walrusbear

HSC
holy fucking fuck
so now we are getting them split in two, apparently

here i was thinking grindhouse was out today and i see this nasty news

from what i can ascertain death proof is coming out sometime later in the year and god knows when for planet terror
and i'm not sure what the fate of the fake trailers are

well fuck you distributors
torrents here i come

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
walrusbear said:
if by interesting you mean shithouse
Agreed.

I was always going to get it like that, but it still sucks that it's happened in Australia as well.

Plus no idea when they're even coming out at all.

HSC
I was thinking that, in combination with perplexing.

I suppose given how keen people were, it's probably safe business sense to assume that if you split it into two, there won't be many people who will only see one of them, but on the other hand, I really would have expected someone(s) to jack up and insist that it remain in one piece to maintain integrity or something.

walrusbear

HSC
on some other board someone claimed they cited a lack of history of 'double-features' in australia as a main reason

but i think they just lost a shitload of money in america, so they're hoping splitting will make more.

they've shown massive contempt for its audience

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
walrusbear said:
on some other board someone claimed they cited a lack of history of 'double-features' in australia as a main reason

but i think they just lost a shitload of money in america, so they're hoping splitting will make more.

nothing like contempt for an audience
Gotta love it.

I was pissed when I heard that the reason they were splitting it in different countries was because they didn't have the Grindhouse culture. Bullshit, as if anyone cares about that when you're seeing one movie with a woman who has a gun for a leg and another one with Kurt Russell killing cheerleaders with a car. So full of crap.

EDIT

Wait a minute, they pulled that double feature shit as the reason for the non English countries ages ago. Now they're using the same one for Australia? Screw that.

walrusbear

HSC
i'm guessing most people don't care by now (if they ever did) but the chauvel got a print of the whole grindhouse
they're showing it from Jan 17th for one week
i got impatient and watched a shite copy so i'll check it out on the big screen

icecreamdisco

HSC
i'll prolly check it out. they're showing some actual grindhouse movie at the cinematheque in january as well (the incredible melting man, house of mortal sin, massacre at central high, cannibal ferox).

ballin

Banned
HSC
planet terror is a fantastic blend of comedy und aktion. and you can throw in a couple of zombies too. but err, death proof not so much, tarantino's kinda getting old with all these "oh look at me, i've got style" films.

ballin

Banned
HSC
dude, death proof is typical tarantino. nothing new. let me just ask you one question: does death proof have hot chicks who have machine guns attached to their legs??? no. dont wanna give away too much though.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I already know the plotline to Planet Terror and couldn't care less. Death Proof has cars. That's all it needs to sell the movie to me.

HalcyonSky

HSC
I saw both, rodriguez's planet terror was definately the standout. Fucking awesome is all that sums it up.

Deathproof was disappointing, it was 30 minutes of intense action coupled with an hour of painfully boring and unfunny dialogue, tarantino tried to replicate some of his past clever scripts but just completely failed. I wanted to reach into the screen and fucking strangle that new zealander bitch and the others, i didnt give a shit about what they had to say i just wanted to see kurt russel pwn some faces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)