griffith interview (1 Viewer)

hello:)

HSC
Hi,
I have just recieved an interview offer for dent at griffith and im SO worried because its in 3 weeks, one week after school/exams finish!! would anyone who goes to griffith, does dent or knows about interviews let me know the general tricks used, questions etc...

any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Spon888

HSC
Hey I got one too. What day is yours on?

Also, theres more information here:

www.medstudentsonline.com

Look under the Interview thread, theres a lot of discussion of this going on

HSC
mines on the 1st dec on friday. the day after my formal!!!..perfect timing *shakes head* whens yours?

yeah that site helped..thanks

Spon888

HSC
Hey congrats on the offer! 1st Dec sounds really far away...Mines on the 22nd, so either they spread their interviews out or they are really slow at getting through all the interviews.

Hope you have enough time to catch a flight up there in the morn after your formal :p. At least you won't miss it though!

Anyway my advice if you're worried is to practice basic interview skills everyday as much as you can. Try to talk to all sorts of people, know some topics about yourself (e.g. name something you did this year involving community service). Also you might like to apply to medentry if you're after 'training', but only if you think you need it.

HSC
yeah congratulations too! I guess the 1st of dec must sound close compared to yours, good luck! the talking to all sorts of people sounds like a good idea to boost communication skills. I'm not sure how this interview will be run in comparison to others...i just hope their technique will be relaxed and not too many trick questions are asked, like apparently at newcastle.

Spon888

HSC
Ahah I meant 22nd November, which is much sooner! Supposedly this will be a stock standard interview: i.e. Why dentistry, Why study at Griffith, Tell us about yourself. And exclusive to Griffith is a hypothetical situation written on a card which you are given 15-30min before the interview to think about. Then in the interview you'll be asked how you would respond.

Newcastle is well known for having nasty interviews, but at least they are consistent with that. But you should just be ready for the worst, then you'll either be expecting it, or it could be relaxed and that'll be even better. Its a win-win situation.

HSC
yeah i heard about that situation that were given befre hand. im a bit worried about it though... do we have to summarise the info and retell it to them and make hypeothesis' aboput the info? do u know what kind of info we're given and how long it is??
yeah i hope its a stock standard interview...it will calm my nerves to know they arent analysing my every move. good luck with ur interview...its creeping up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)