Greens suggest capping political donations to $1000 (1 Viewer)

murphyad

HSC
My god where the fuck did these rabid leftist schoolboys come from

You all do realise that Unions represent the people... They are the people, they are the voice of all working Australians.
Which is obviously why union membership rates have been declining for decades...

Without the influence of the Unions you essentially have slave labour, where the boss can demand and pay whatever the fuck he wants, shit we had in the 50's. Shit were looking at going back to, because apparently we miss being treated badly.
lol i am not in a union and therefore a slave. Have you ever heard of employer-employee negotiation etc etc? If you don't like the contract then find a job that will pay better, it's not fucking rocket science.

The Union movement has given us Saturday's and Sunday's... Hell the fact that the Union movement exists has GIVEN US OUR BELOVED AUSTRALIAN WAY OF LIFE.
In the beginning there was only monday to friday k guyz. Also, you have some nerve to found Australia's entire national narrative on some ridiculously overinflated account of union contributions. Like many leftists you lower almost all groups in society to subhuman status in order to glorify the proletariat.

You people take what you have for granted. Having weekends, a respectable minimum wage, medicare. These things don't just magically appear. They took 100 years of struggle. 100 years of the people banding together to fight for rights... and what do we call it when people band together to fight for something... A FUCKING UNION MOVEMENT!

In the 1970's Whitlam brought in Medicare, colour TV, INDOOR PLUMBING IN NSW, A stable Australian motor industry. The influence of the Union movement gave the people what they wanted. It was government by the people, FOR THE FUCKING PEOPLE! THATS WHAT UNIONS ARE. They arent out to steal money, or take jobs, or pander to anyone... they are there to provide government FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE. But what happened... he was sacked... not because of his bad politics... because he was removed over the body of a dead man... HOW FUCKING SICK IS THAT... a man dies and the liberal theives move in. Stop supply, bankrupt the government... AND THEN TAKE POWER... its so malevolent and underhanded... how these people get any votes is beyond my comprehension...

The Liberal party is a party of theives and liars... always has been. Menzies sold Darwin to the Japanese... When Darwin was bombed, he covered up the deaths of many men, even to the point of forcing the surviving men there not to tell the public of what happened... these men were not allowed to speak of the horror brought upon them by their own government until around 40 years later.
Hell he didnt even want to be Prime Minister of Australia... it was his stepping stone to PM of England... and we gave this man the longest reign...

Back to the original topic though. Of course donations should be capped. Without capping what happens is you get parties that don't represent the people, they represent the money given to them. It's why if the Liberals get in power, no one will touch the tobacco industry, because Abbot plainly said "They are a legitimate business and i have no problem taking their money". There you go, a confessed action man supported by the tobacco industry.

Another case, the Kyoto agreement. Both America and Australia have had financial donations from oil companies for quite a while, until Rudd and Obama came into power in fact. Oil company donations mean, no signing of the Kyoto agreement. Hence why it took us so fucking long.

If you want government run by the people, for the people, there should be NO donations to parties. As soon as someone donates, they instantly want a return. As soon as the government returns they are not governing the people, they are governing to protect their bottom line and the bottom line of their investors.
You are seriously a spastic and hopefully a troll now that I think of it. C'MON COMRADES LET'S FIGHT FOR OUR 'RIGHTS'!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Obviously you have no understanding of basic economics, the concepts of liberty and individualism, or even the nuances of our Constitution, which are of high importance in modern Australian society.

What I do have a major problem with (aside from your blatant partisan hackery) is your attempt to paint unions as the voice of 'the people'. Unions only ever existed to cater to an exclusive group, their members, and any other fashionable cause that a union adopts these days (e.g. climate change activism) is solely for the purpose of moral posturing. Did you know that in the 70's and 80's, the union movement vehemently opposed the arrival of Vietnamese refugees in Australia on the grounds that they were 'fat cat bourgeoisie' and would take the jobs of their beloved members? To me, that hardly sounds like upright behaviour from 'the voice of the fucking people', and lies in stark contrast to their feel-good about-face on the issue today.

Congratulations on having read the introduction to the communist manifesto, but do not think for one fucking second that that entitles you to step out into the real world and lecture everybody else on how it works. I fucking implore you, do not write another post.

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
It's like both of you are only just finding out Unions do good things and bad things. Like capitalism. Or the state. Or communism. Or Jews. Or Muslims (listed in order of good to bad)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
My god you're an idiot
Political party's should not be funded by companies, unions or others. All local candidates standing for elections (whether they win or lose) are already paid substantial costs from the government finances.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be reminded to breathe.

fuck
You have no return argument so you resort to petty name calling? Cool story bro

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Capping donations is a good idea. All that unrestricted donations accomplish is greater political influence for the wealthy, and there's more than enough of that. That is not a fucking democracy. A situation whereby political influence is determined by wealth is not a democracy, it's a farcical Darwinistic hellhole that can suck my balls. Corporate interests are already the main agenda of the state, let's not keep that agenda by allowing large entities to influence government more than they already innately do.

murphyad

HSC
captain frootloops is back

cunts in suits guys, they're out to get us all

also for future reference read the rest of the thread instead of spewing out the same bullshit that has already been discussed five times over

murphyad

HSC
i thought that as a self-described leftist, you professed your solidarity with homosexuals and I am surprised to see that sort of invective coming from a supporter of gay rights such as yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)