Greatest Guitar Solo Ever (1 Viewer)

darcho

HSC
N/A
Money and comfortably numb by pink floyd.
not the msot complex or technically difficult solo's, but an amazing sound and extremely revoultionary. they were sounds that havent been heard before and they express such an emotion.

shimmerz_777

HSC
bowman said:
that is my altime fav zeppelin song
everytime i pick up my guitar i play that song. it is THE best song ever. i really dont think there is a song that can compete with it personally
i like the way he does it on How the West was Won, how he swaps the two little interludes after the d chord and g chord (second time around) into eachothers position. i think its more flowing and smooth that way. yes it is a great song to play, but i cant play the stuff behind the solo the way he does, kinda slidy type chords, do u know it? ive been dying to learn it but its not in any tabs and i think he only does it live.

and u guys need to hear bold as love live by hendrix, when he doesnt sing. 7min of absolute genius on guitar

Gangels

HSC
shimmerz_777 said:
Stairway gets boring really fast after a bit. i prefer their How the West Was Won album over the original. also i like their version of san francisco they fit into the massive 25min dazed and confused they do live.

their best live songs were their anthem ones, like black dog and whatnot

best riffs, black dog and heartbreaker immigrant song

best solo, cant go past since ive been loving you, especially live

and who can forget over the hills and far away, kashmir, achillies last stand and all their other ones

incase u havent noticed i pretty much listened to only led zep for about 8 months before i started listening to other stuff
yeh i went through the same stage when i was about 12 or 13. I wouldnt listen to anything else, cept sabbath, and Physical Graffiti just haapened to be the first record of my dads i looked at.

Rock and roll was a good one too. I couldnt believe it when puff daddy stole Kashmirs riff and used it for his gay song.

Achillies last stand! Whooooooo

cheesman

HSC
over the hills and far away is a great song
wat album is it on?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Pearl Jam || Alive
Weezer || Dope Nose
The Eagles || Hotel California
G'n'R || Welcome to the Jungle
Metallica || Ride the Lightning

walrusbear

HSC
Wilco - At Least That's What She Said (Jeff Tweedy)

walrusbear

HSC
Gangels said:
First band to ever have their last album be thier best.
don't they have two more albums after 'physical graffiti'??

two shit albums?

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
presence, an in through the out door

both pretty shit, one good song on it tho. Hotdog

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
shimmerz_777 said:
i like the way he does it on How the West was Won, how he swaps the two little interludes after the d chord and g chord (second time around) into eachothers position. i think its more flowing and smooth that way. yes it is a great song to play, but i cant play the stuff behind the solo the way he does, kinda slidy type chords, do u know it? ive been dying to learn it but its not in any tabs and i think he only does it live.

and u guys need to hear bold as love live by hendrix, when he doesnt sing. 7min of absolute genius on guitar

yeah i can play studio an live version.
in the live version it's simple, he does a slide almost every time, that he uses in only once in the studio.
but there are good tabs for this song that are 100% correct
im fairly sure he down tunes the guitar half a step on the live version

nafe

HSC
N/A
Metallica - Fade to Black

Also, if you like soloists, check out Michael Angelo Batio. He plays a quad quitar. You could probably find a video of him performing on the website, he's pretty insane

shimmerz_777

HSC
bowman said:
presence, an in through the out door

both pretty shit, one good song on it tho. Hotdog
if u can call coda an album u have one more. but if u can tell me one great song from that off the top of ur head ill be suprised, cause last time i checked there wasnt any

Gangels

HSC
walrusbear said:
don't they have two more albums after 'physical graffiti'??

two shit albums?
Not to my knowledge. i wlways thought that 1980 was the last time they recorded a studio album. I shall check.

walrusbear

HSC
Gangels said:
Not to my knowledge. i wlways thought that 1980 was the last time they recorded a studio album. I shall check.
physical graffiti came out in 1975
and as the earlier posters indicated, both presence and 'in through the out door' were after
i've heard the latter and it is fucking horrible

Gangels

HSC
walrusbear said:
physical graffiti came out in 1975
and as the earlier posters indicated, both presence and 'in through the out door' were after
i've heard the latter and it is fucking horrible
I dunno what the fuck happened to my record then cause its got copywright, 1980 all over the back of it. God my dads a retard! Cant even buy the proper record.

I just checked and there were three after Physical Grafiti. Thankyou old sir for teaching me this lesson.

But it was their best.

Some_Guy

HSC
III was the best followed by II

now stfu about led zeppelin

shimmerz_777

HSC
id say II, followed by IV then III,

im not being shallow because im just labeling 3 of the four albums they are remembered for, i really believe that order. but anyways, i listen to HTWWW live set more than any of them 3, cause im in love with the way they just speed up every song when they do it live, and slow down others like dazed and confused and what not. also dancing days studio version is so shit when placed next to the live one.

if u havent heard how the west was won, than you may be missing possibly and arguably the greatest live album ever.

and i dont think coda was a proper album album, off memory it was more of an outtakes or unresolved songs or something like that. but none the less it was released.

edit:

and sorry for mentioning led zeppelin one last time

Some_Guy

HSC
they suck live

What Is And What Should Never Be is the only song that was better than the studio version

enough zeppelin now

anyway back to the solos cant forget Maggot Brain by Funkadelic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)