Gran Turismo 4 (1 Viewer)

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Has anyone got this yet?

I got it this afternoon, and already think its the best release of the series so far.

The Collection of cars are bigger, with a few more aussie Holdens and Fords.

I spose its for the aussie release, but the soundtrack has bands like Jet, The Donnas, Franz Ferdinand and Spider Bait which is sweet.

And for those that already have a Gran Turismo 3 account, you can trasfer 100,000 credits.

VX1-08U

I got GT4 - haven't really had a proper chance to play it as yet.

The physics engine has improved over GT3 ... when you brake, the front of the car actually goes down.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
blackbunny said:
i got it as soon as it came out in america. envy me
How much earlier did you get it?

The Licence Tests I find are easier, The Bronze times are a bit easier, I remember having to spend ages on a few tests and then beating the bronze times by only a few thousands of a second, but the tests seem to be easier, I got National B with almost all on the first try.

The way the races are placed out is interesting, their a bit over the place, but I think when I get used to it, they will work out for the better.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
This is from the Edge review but it sums up my feelings about Gran Turismo in general pretty well:

Gran Turismo 4 is fundamentally unconcerned with furthering the art of the videogame. This titanic franchise, this critical, load-bearing pillar of PlayStation, is barely even a videogame at all. It’s a hobbyist software suite, a racetrack tutorial, an encyclopaedia you can get in and drive off.

blackbunny

HSC
maybe a month earlier, not sure. dont play games now. got uni on my head

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Still it does mean I can finally play Kingdom Hearts! Yippie! Gah... I need a car... not a car simulator.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
my brother in law,bought yesterday with the steering wheel,he says its absolutely fabulous....

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I played GT4 with controller at Myer. Wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. Saves me from spending $290 though :p

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
This game is so finely detailed. The graphics engine is so far much better than GT3. i mean the graphics are up to XBOX standards. I love the way the reflections show up on the Car in 3rd view.

The cars you can choose from are just excellent. I mean, there are roadcars as well as shitboxes with 11kW from subaru. Its realistic to be able to drive a car that you own.

Theres only one problem, the game creators made the game to close to simulation, so that even with traction control and all that, steering an R34 with 404kW power is so hard. I mean like all the spinning and burnouts created, winning a race is so strenous.

It be better if they made an easy steerable GT4 called GT4 arcade or something

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Its called skill, you actually have to know how to drive properly to win. I think its an awesome game, but, its been done 4 times now, it got old really quick, and drifting is really hard because its not made for drifting and you can over cook it so easily.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
so it's never gonna come out on PC
well thats just fucked in the head

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I have GT4 limited edition (195/4000) and it came in this white box and i have no idea how much it costs. It's got:
-a passport thing
-racing calendar
-test drive disc
-press disc
"driving the game" hard cover book about the makin of the game with pics (176 pages)

Anyone know how much these cost?

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
I rented the game and it wasn't as good as I first thought, graphics are just the superficial part of the game, alot of the physics and car mechanics of the game just didn't feel right, plus doesn't feel fast enough. Its a good looking game, but I think its lacking a bit with the physics and the AI + doesn't feel that much of an improvment from the last GT3 apart from the graphics and the cars.

Forza Motorsport is what I really looking forward to ( not trying to start a console arguement) but from what I've seen, the physics and handling are the best and the AI is pretty real-life.

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
got it and like it, i got it with the steering wheel made for the game 900 degree rotation - steering wheel also works great on nfsu2

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Anyone made some serious progress in GT4?

I completed the Nuburgring 24Hr endurance race over the weekend. That was crazy. You can speed it up (x3) in B-spec mode, but everytime you pit it goes back to the live screen! I ended up running the PS2 for 14 hours!

Although, I won 1,200,000 credits and the "Ferrari" Grand Prix car!...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)