Graduation/Reception (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
because the dux is decided by the principal and has nothing to do with ur HSC exam performance, its the HIGHEST achiever in your school thats a dux, i would expect ur school would do the same.
Our dux is based on UAI. Our 1st aggregate is more similar to what your school describes as the dux.

G

gaoOO

williamc said:
How can you know the DUX with still 50% of the hsc to go?
Our dux is determined by estimate UAI aggregate. It seems we have a good cohort this year by our estimates, or alternatively, they're trying to give us high estimates to make us feel good.

i got a book voucher :p [not for dux of course]

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
gaoOO said:
Our dux is determined by estimate UAI aggregate. It seems we have a good cohort this year by our estimates, or alternatively, they're trying to give us high estimates to make us feel good.

i got a book voucher :p [not for dux of course]
We got nothing but recognition and a piece of paper.

G

gaoOO

SoulSearcher said:
We got nothing but recognition and a piece of paper.
yeah, i got pieces of paper as well. I squashed one by accident too.

it wasn't that exciting. My parents took photos i think :(

williamc

HSC
anonymus2003 said:
because the dux is decided by the principal and has nothing to do with ur HSC exam performance, its the HIGHEST achiever in your school thats a dux, i would expect ur school would do the same.
DUX is the person with the highest UAI. Your way is a joke.

HSC
Mine was really good. A couple of boring speeches, but it was good.
We received a folder, which had our Year Book (i'm mentioned in there for being involved in a fight in Year 7 :eek:), our report (it has good comments from my teachers, but bad marks from my half yearlies), a couple of certificates and other bits of paper.

Afterwards, we went to the senior courtyard, and took hundreds of photos with our parents and friends, then we went to the local reserve/park and had a BBQ and stayed there for a couple of hours (i think). Then a couple of us went to someone's house and were playing Halo 3 (i lost; i had no idea what i was doing, lol).

After that, we went to our Graduation Party, which was just at someone's house, but nonetheless was good. Yay, alcohol. ;)

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
williamc said:
DUX is the person with the highest UAI. Your way is a joke.
i know our way sux, i dont know exactly on how my school duz it they gave an estimate to a student at 95 gave him dux, and my estimate is 99 and i didnt get it, and i dont know 100% on how it seems to work this is my guess. and this is not my way its the schools way i dont really have any control over it.

btw our grad was best people from certain subjects got shields depending on whether they were sponsored or not, and we also got certificates as well as medals.

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
wow your estimate was 99 ? nuts , thats good.

we didn't get anything for our graduation - not even pieces of paper =(

HSC
Oh, I forgot to write that we also got a whiskey glass with our school's logo on it.

It'll go nicely with the coaster with the school's logo on it, that we got at our Year 10 graduation.

:)

Kmara2nv

HSC
lol our graduation me n ma mate sung goodbye my lover....we received a pen a badge and our bibles that we used since year 7....and we recieved stress balls and thats about it...it was god though speeeches were nice and short girls crying ere and their.....our DUX i think is based on which studnet comes first in the most subjects which i think is pretty fucked but ohwell

neways good luck in ur hscs

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
wow your estimate was 99 ? nuts , thats good.

we didn't get anything for our graduation - not even pieces of paper =(
yea it was, mainly because of my ranks in science, maths eng is okay, but our school is retarded they failed to mention me under "high academic achievers", and someone else who came first in both 3u and 4u maths with marks like 25% higher than the person ranked 2nd our school, they managed to mention someone who came first in visual arts though coincidentally. Its never been done before in my school (first in all three science) , my principal said id get like 90 but then i wen to my careers advisor and he said 99. it makes u feel like u didnt really do much:(

Tell me what u think xclusv2bhung my ranks and marks are posted here.

http://community.boredofstudies.org...ounsel/152092/heyz-uai-prediction-please.html

Last edited:
HSC
Kmara2nv said:
lol our graduation me n ma mate sung goodbye my lover....we received a pen a badge and our bibles that we used since year 7....and we recieved stress balls and thats about it...it was god though speeeches were nice and short girls crying ere and their.....our DUX i think is based on which studnet comes first in the most subjects which i think is pretty fucked but ohwell

neways good luck in ur hscs
Haha, stress balls; that's actually a really good idea. :uhhuh:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
yea it was, mainly because of my ranks in science, maths eng is okay, but our school is retarded they failed to mention me under "high academic achievers", and someone else who came first in both 3u and 4u maths with marks like 25% higher than the person ranked 2nd our school, they managed to mention someone who came first in visual arts though coincidentally. Its never been done before in my school (first in all three science) , my principal said id get like 90 but then i wen to my careers advisor and he said 99. it makes u feel like u didnt really do much:(

Tell me what u think xclusv2bhung my ranks and marks are posted here.

http://community.boredofstudies.org...ounsel/152092/heyz-uai-prediction-please.html
hey man.

yeah you shoulda gotten an award - your ranks are excellent , but 3u maths probably wont count .. seeing as at the moment it seems like your weakest one.

i`d say you`re definitely on the way to a 99.
90 ? hell no , much higher than that !
unless .. whats your school rank ?

oh , and call me Hung :p

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
hey man.

yeah you shoulda gotten an award - your ranks are excellent , but 3u maths probably wont count .. seeing as at the moment it seems like your weakest one.

i`d say you`re definitely on the way to a 99.
90 ? hell no , much higher than that !
unless .. whats your school rank ?

oh , and call me Hung :p
hey mate, umm my school rank is ~200th, but generally our kids who are first in a few subs get 99+, i told my principal whether id get a 97 atleast and she goes she doubts it even with three science..im like wtf? how much more can one improve lol i went as far as even getting a 100% in one of my chem internal assessments (exam btw not a hand in thing)...and get this...i went earlier with these ranks

3rd phy 4th chem 6th eng 18th 2u maths 9th 3u maths 1st bio...and dey said my uai wud be 90...and den again they interview us later on at teh end of the year my ranks imrpoved as shown and den deyre like oh stil 90...wtf lol. anywayz i might join u next year im applyin pharma next year usyd. depends if i dont get into med, i might try graduate entry lolz

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
hey mate, umm my school rank is ~200th, but generally our kids who are first in a few subs get 99+, i told my principal whether id get a 97 atleast and she goes she doubts it even with three science..im like wtf? how much more can one improve lol i went as far as even getting a 100% in one of my chem internal assessments (exam btw not a hand in thing)...and get this...i went earlier with these ranks

3rd phy 4th chem 6th eng 18th 2u maths 9th 3u maths 1st bio...and dey said my uai wud be 90...and den again they interview us later on at teh end of the year my ranks imrpoved as shown and den deyre like oh stil 90...wtf lol. anywayz i might join u next year im applyin pharma next year usyd. depends if i dont get into med, i might try graduate entry lolz
haha issert , wtf thats screwed !! it surely woulda gone up , regardless of your school , i`d say.

100% in chem !? whoa thats phenomenal , dude. x]

lols as you`re going now , i`d say you wont have any trouble gettin` into med .. but if not , then it`ll be good seeing you in pharm next year , if i get in :p

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
haha issert , wtf thats screwed !! it surely woulda gone up , regardless of your school , i`d say.

100% in chem !? whoa thats phenomenal , dude. x]

lols as you`re going now , i`d say you wont have any trouble gettin` into med .. but if not , then it`ll be good seeing you in pharm next year , if i get in :p

dw, you'll be fine:D, besides you go to selective as well u guys pwn the hsc lolz.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
dw, you'll be fine:D, besides you go to selective as well u guys pwn the hsc lolz.
ahah thanks :D , i`ll try my hardest xD
good luck with med !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)