Gpa (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
Does GPA get rouned to nearest 1 dec place?

Say if you got a CR in one unit, then you got D in all other units for your 4 years at uni, this would result in a gpa of 3.97

Does this round up to 4.0 ?

Cheers

X

xeuyrawp

CrashOveride said:
Does GPA get rouned to nearest 1 dec place?

Say if you got a CR in one unit, then you got D in all other units for your 4 years at uni, this would result in a gpa of 3.97

Does this round up to 4.0 ?

Cheers
If you look at the Transfer rules for each degree, they're all rounded to the nearest .05 , so ineffect-

No, but a GPA of 3.97 would get rounded to 4.

A GPA of 3.91, I think, be made 3.9. I actually don't know for sure about this, but like I said, if you look at the transfer rules, that's how they present them.

X

xeuyrawp

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
my gpa on my official academic transcript is in 3 dp
Ah, cool to know. Is the last digit rounded?

That means minw eill be like 4.001 hehe :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Ah, cool to know. Is the last digit rounded?

That means minw eill be like 4.001 hehe :D
:confused: how? is it something to do with the formula they use to work out gpa?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Calculating Your Grade Point Average
What is Grade Point Average (GPA)?

The Grade Point Average (GPA) of a student is a calculation which reflects the overall grades of a student. It is based on undergraduate units completed at Macquarie University and does not take into account credit points granted for advanced standing or non-award study. Although there are two GPA calculations below which represent Macquarie University's changed grading system there is only one GPA for each student.

The GPA is used for academic advising in several areas such as:

* Unit prerequisites
* Admission to Bachelor degree Honours programs
* Transferring from one Macquarie degree program to another where there is an internal transfer policy
* Admission to restricted areas of study, such as Accounting, Economics and Psychology

Calculation of the Grade Point Average

The grade point average (GPA) for grades obtained prior to 2001 is calculated as follows:

GPA = (4a + 3b + 2c + 1cq + 0f) divided by e where
a is the number of credit points gained at A grade
b is the number of credit points gained at B grade
c is the number of credit points gained at C grade
cq is the number of credit points gained at CQ grade,
e is the total number of credit points for which a student is effectively enrolled (excluding units with W or P)
f is the number of credit points gained with an F grade

The grade point average (GPA) for grades obtained from 2001 is calculated as follows:

GPA = (4w + 3x + 2y + 1z + 0f) divided by e where
w is the number of credit points gained at HD and D,
x is the number of credit points gained at CR,
y is the number of credit points gained at P,
z is the number of credit points gained at PC,
e is the total number of credit points for which a student is effectively enrolled (excluding units with W or any other grade not included in the above formula)
f is the number of credit points gained with an F grade.

The grade point average of an applicant who has been enrolled for the BA DipEd, BBA DipEd, BCom DipEd, BEc DipEd or BSc DipEd course will be calculated on the basis of the entire program and not just on the level of performance for the BA, BBA, BCom, BE or BSc degree.

It is important to note that the GPA is based on your entire academic record at Macquarie. That is the GPA includes all units in any degree program ever taken by you at Macquarie. Repeating units does not remove previous failed units from your transcript. It is not a semester based calculation.

X

xeuyrawp

iambored said:
:confused: how? is it something to do with the formula they use to work out gpa?
Heya- I totally screwd up my calculation. I thought that simply adding the various subject marks and averaging them would make the same mark (4.001) as my GPA (3.75)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
*points to sig*

i think it still works. :p

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
*points to sig*

i think it still works. :p
The link on the far left- "uniseeker" doesn't work...
The GPA calculator does, though, and confirmed that I can use a calculator:D

X

xeuyrawp

I'll add that it's really damaging to get a bad mark... I mean, I'm going well with a D average, one subject HD, but one credit drops my mark considerably, especially considering there's no difference between HD and D:(

HSC
N/A
Speak for yourself, bucko. My range is P to HD over here.... I haven't even tried thinking about an average (although admittedly that's the way I'd do it as well, I'm not very good at sitting through long and complicated formulas)

*cries at thought of CUL100*

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
Speak for yourself, bucko. My range is P to HD over here.... I haven't even tried thinking about an average (although admittedly that's the way I'd do it as well, I'm not very good at sitting through long and complicated formulas)

*cries at thought of CUL100*
Yeah, I understand what you mean, but I was saying that those who consistently get very high marks can get very damaged by one credit.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Macquarie University: Home of the stalkers.

'Come in....we wont let you leave'

HSC
N/A
*has yet to meet the Mac stalkers*

*has heard they congregate in the Bar*

*can't remember where the bar is exactly....*

*is ashamed*

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
*has yet to meet the Mac stalkers*

*has heard they congregate in the Bar*

*can't remember where the bar is exactly....*

*is ashamed*
Top level of the SAM building, honey. It's not a nice bar, but it has grog:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)