GPA for Internal Law Transfer @ MAQ (1 Viewer)

Politic

HSC
N/A
Anyone who has been accepted into internal law transfer at MAQ, what was the GPA you were accepted with? (please say the GPA in words as I haven't mastered the numbers corresponding to GPA)

Also did you have any other qualities that got you accepted?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Anyone who has been accepted into internal law transfer at MAQ, what was the GPA you were accepted with? (please say the GPA in words as I haven't mastered the numbers corresponding to GPA)

Also did you have any other qualities that got you accepted?
Just wanted to clarify that the GPA is a number out of a total of 4 at Macquarie. So if someone says "3.0" it means "3.0 out of a maximum total of 4.00".

If you're doing your HSC this year - good luck :)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
You need a minimum of 3. People on this forum have gotten in with that.

You'll need to write a letter with your application.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
4 = High Distinction
3 = Distinction
2 = Credit
1 = Pass
0 = Fail

an average of 3.0 , merely refers to a distinction average

lm89

HSC
I was successful through internal transfer after doing one year at MQ. My GPA was closer to about 2.5 - i had 4 pass, 3 credits, 1 distinction in 1st year and UAI of 90.00. Like Azure said you need to write a letter accompanying your transfer. The letter has to state your reasons for wanting to study law basically, I still have mine haha

Politic

HSC
N/A
I was successful through internal transfer after doing one year at MQ. My GPA was closer to about 2.5 - i had 4 pass, 3 credits, 1 distinction in 1st year and UAI of 90.00. Like Azure said you need to write a letter accompanying your transfer. The letter has to state your reasons for wanting to study law basically, I still have mine haha
So you had a high pass/low credit GPA average? I envisage my ATAR will be around that. Seeing as you still have it, what reasons did you give? (just out of curiosity) Thanks for your contribution.

lm89

HSC
Ye something like that. I basically said what my career prospects were (corporate finance) and how the skills I'd gain studying law which are A,B & C would help me in getting to that final goal. Hope that helps :)

Politic

HSC
N/A
Ye something like that. I basically said what my career prospects were (corporate finance) and how the skills I'd gain studying law which are A,B & C would help me in getting to that final goal. Hope that helps :)
Yeah it does. Thanks.

wavess

HSC
can I just confirm, is a GPA of 3.0 a credit?
i've asked some people from macquarie and they say it is, and on here it says it's a distinction. Can someone please briefly explain?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
3 is a credit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
4 = High Distinction
3 = Distinction
2 = Credit
1 = Pass
0 = Fail

an average of 3.0 , merely refers to a distinction average
That's wrong

2 is a pass, 3 is a credit, 4 are distinctions and high distinctions

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)