• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

GP!! dance routine? (1 Viewer)

shara007

I'm located up stairs, @ my house... on a street,
Hey! Has anyone heard of anyone doing a dance routine for

their GP? My Buddies and i dance and thought it might be killer to

do a singin in the rain/caberet/42nd street kinda thing... but

we're not sure if its been done before... well.. recently anyways!

meh...

its a working progress.... :p

HSC
I think that's a great idea:)! If you guys can dance, then show it off to the examiners:)! Then would your ideas be something like..to convey your message or whatever to the audience, by the form of cabaret/musical theatre. And maybe discuss as to why you decided it's an effective way (musical theatre/dance) in getting your ideas across.

Let me know how you guys go:)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
exactly. cause the criteria is like

Voice
Movement
Excecution

If you use your voice to sing they'll mark you on that ability
if u use movement ot dance.. they'll mark you on that
and excecution will mark your timing.

toms

Dancing and singing can be done, but only if it furthers your idea/story. Don't just sing and dance because you think it will get you good marks just for doing it well..

Many previous groups have used elements of song and dance, but only elements. I don't think a group has ever actually done an entire musical performance...

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
unfortunatly 80% of GP's do dance each year and (no offence) think they're the pioneers of it, but again it depends on the relevance, and how well you do it -
my group did a stupid ballet thing ....it was relevant but I hated it. I really wanted to do a singin in the rain kinda style....but eh....I got good marks so no more complaining...

Jezzame

chucking something into your performance for a "lil bit of fun" is very stupid. your just going to irritate the markers and make your performance seem childish. Would you put something in for a lil bit of fun in a modern history essay? no because they would just ignore it. the same will happen in your drama performance. this HSC is not a joke no matter what subect you do.

Last edited:

kalinda

HSC
if ur whole group are talented dancers and singers then use it but make sure its relevance and doesnt just come out of the blue - the piece on onstage used song to convey that its another form of propangada so therefore helped there piece and coveyed meaning

cayte

Originally posted by Jezzame
chucking something into your performance for a "lil bit of fun" is very stupid.
Was trying to think of a polite way of saying this, but couldn't, Jezzame, you're wrong. Our whole GP was just a little bit of fun and we all got perfect or near perfect marks for it. Drama is not like any other subject, there is much more room for experimentation and boundary-pushing, much like the industry: guts is respected significantly more than is uncontroversiality in drama than in say Modern History. Whether or not that means choosing to include dance in your piece or bace your piece around song and dance remains to be seen. If it suits then have fun with it. That's what the subject should be about.

Jezzame

ive spoken to a few different people on this subject... if you want to dance do dance. if you want to sing do singing. its that simple. (the people ive spoken to are senior markers and ppl who were in Onstage) i stick by what i said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)