got my trial results back and need help (1 Viewer)

salihaaaaa66

HSC
hi guys,

I'm doing English advanced, biology, business, physics and Math advanced and got my marks back for trials today.
here they are:
math: 45%
physics: 60%
biology: 85%
business studies: 85%
english: 95%

my goal atar is 95, and i have gotten above 85 for every single assessment task for every subject before this. the thing is im really unhappy with my physics and math marks, and sort of knew it was coming because I really struggle in those two subjects no matter how much effort i put in, in fact i studied the most for math and physics :(
can someone give me advice as to how I could improve my math and physics marks from under 50 to 90+ in time for the final HSC, I really need that 95 ATAR and will do anything i can to get there, I even got a part-time job so I can afford to get tutored so if there are any experienced tutors out there for math and physics please let me know!

:)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
honestly, for math advanced i recommend finding a channel or a couple of channels on youtube to teach you content, particularly your weak areas.
do this and then straight after, do the corresponding chapter/s in your textbook and practice this way.
write down anything you don't understand and take to your teacher or tutor if you get one.
physics is similar

also if you studied a lot and its your worst subject, make sure you are targeting your weak areas and not just studying stuff you find easy cause it feels good to get it right.

carrotsss

HSC
At this stage imo you should focus on past papers, and then whenever you get questions wrong learn exactly why you got them wrong (ie with YouTube or just the worked solution) and then write (emphasis on writing, don’t just mentally note) a full explanation on how you would’ve done the question right, like you’re explaining it to someone. This can take a while but eventually after enough questions, you’ll have thoroughly covered every syllabus dot point (assuming you actually do it properly and fully learn how to do the question), and it’s a really efficient way of determining what you actually need to focus on, and avoiding wasting much time on your strong topics. You could start by doing this with your trial results.

Worked a charm for me, your study methods may be different though. I don’t see much point doing textbook questions at this stage because they aren’t really reflective of the HSC both style and difficulty wise

salihaaaaa66

HSC
also if you studied a lot and its your worst subject, make sure you are targeting your weak areas and not just studying stuff you find easy cause it feels good to get it right.
For me its trigonometry and integrating harder functions like logs. Also whenever i look at a worked solution it always seems so obvious and easy to solve even though i got the question wrong.

salihaaaaa66

HSC
At this stage imo you should focus on past papers, and then whenever you get questions wrong learn exactly why you got them wrong (ie with YouTube or just the worked solution) and then write (emphasis on writing, don’t just mentally note) a full explanation on how you would’ve done the question right, like you’re explaining it to someone. This can take a while but eventually after enough questions, you’ll have thoroughly covered every syllabus dot point (assuming you actually do it properly and fully learn how to do the question), and it’s a really efficient way of determining what you actually need to focus on, and avoiding wasting much time on your strong topics. You could start by doing this with your trial results.

Worked a charm for me, your study methods may be different though. I don’t see much point doing textbook questions at this stage because they aren’t really reflective of the HSC both style and difficulty wise
will do this once my class is given the actual trial papers! literally half of the entire exam was from year 11 content which i didnt work on too much, my mistake o_O thanksss!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)