Got JD offer from unsw and anu (1 Viewer)

eschew

HSC
N/A
got both of them recently, how to choose? my decesion is based on the job prospect, quality of teaching and students around me, class size. I guess job prospect is in the top of the list.

Moreover, since UNSW JD is equal to its former LLB, is it possible to do a combined degree such as JD/Bachelor of commerce?

thanks~:headbang:

Oh in addition, i heard that there're many asians in UNSW espically from hongkong and main land china? how about their quantity in law school?? i'd like to talk and play with them, however i want to practice my enlish more rather than chinese or cantoness as well.

Last edited:

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
If you want to practice commercial law and there is no other major reason to choose one over the other (e.g. you already live in Canberra), then come to UNSW

paulpang22288

HSC
got both of them recently, how to choose? my decesion is based on the job prospect, quality of teaching and students around me, class size. I guess job prospect is in the top of the list.

Moreover, since UNSW JD is equal to its former LLB, is it possible to do a combined degree such as JD/Bachelor of commerce?

thanks~:headbang:

Oh in addition, i heard that there're many asians in UNSW espically from hongkong and main land china? how about their quantity in law school?? i'd like to talk and play with them, however i want to practice my enlish more rather than chinese or cantoness as well.
NO WAY! How did you get get an offer so fast? I just checked UAC Postgrad no offers are made.

Btw I just finished final year undergraduate architecture 2 weeks ago.

eschew

HSC
N/A
which school do you apply? i think our situations may be a little different, i've already past the domestic bar exam in my country as well as got a bachelor of law (civil law system) :spin::spin::spin:
it appears that you're a student from UNSW, could you tell me something about it?? i'm also vexed between USYD and UNSW, usyd sent me a conditional offer around a month ago, however i didn't meet their language requirement, can any one tell me it is possible to attend its CET language course to enter it? thanks~

Last edited:

paulpang22288

HSC
which school do you apply? i think our situations may be a little different, i've already past the domestic bar exam in my country as well as got a bachelor of law (civil law system) :spin::spin::spin:
it appears that you're a student from UNSW, could you tell me something about it?? i'm also vexed between USYD and UNSW, usyd sent me a conditional offer around a month ago, however i didn't meet their language requirement, can any one tell me it is possible to attend its CET language course to enter it? thanks~
Dude.. No wonder haha. I just finished architecture at UNSW. So i cant really comment on other degrees. But i would not trust unsw to be their guinea pig as they are just starting JD next year. With classes day and night, both kensington and cbd campus, even the spokeswoman has no idea how they could manage it. If they wouldnt mind tearing down an entire international campus in Singapore, i dont think it's hard at all to tear down a degree program if things go wrong. I know it's very low risk but, being a guinea pig for the last three years during the new 3+2 architecture programme, i hate being one again. At least ANU's done it for 2 years.

However, in terms of teaching quality, UNSW law school is the first to employ "Socratic Method", an American standard used for ages already in the USA. ANU does it too, while USyd is apparently changing now.

In terms of job prospects, USyd and UNSW is ahead BUT this is due to the geographical location of the unis. Most students there live in Sydney. Demand for law grads pbviously higher there. ANU is in Canberra is less, also students are from all other states like SA, TAS or WA, ALL lower demands thus lower grad salaries. AS long as you work in large cities like Sydney or Melbourne, there should be minimal difference which uni you attend.

That's just my observation. I could be wrong.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
In terms of job prospects, USyd and UNSW is ahead BUT this is due to the geographical location of the unis. Most students there live in Sydney. Demand for law grads pbviously higher there. ANU is in Canberra is less, also students are from all other states like SA, TAS or WA, ALL lower demands thus lower grad salaries. AS long as you work in large cities like Sydney or Melbourne, there should be minimal difference which uni you attend.

That's just my observation. I could be wrong.
This would imply that Newcastle University would be as competitive for law as UNSW is. The observation about working in a bigger city equally a higher salary is true, but that also means that it is more difficult to get a job. The university you attend is a discriminating factor for most people.

That said, I reckon ANU is more or less on par with UNSW and USyd, it'll just be a total bastard to get to Sydney to do interviews.

eschew

HSC
N/A
your guys responses, way of thinking have already reflected the quality of unsw or some other law in au , thanks~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)