Got Inspiration? (1 Viewer)

S13WPN

HSC
I've just been looking around for a while and I came across some tidy datto 1600's. I always liked these cars and some other datsuns but yeh, now I want one...

Who else has been inspired? What would be your "project car" and what things would you do?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Potential Project cars:

240Z: transplant an RB26, hardcore internals, add boost, 2.5-3" mandrel bent exhaust, nice sounds, jet black paint (or maybe a red/black combo - not mixed but you know some bits black some red), light-weight 17" mags, Falken Azenis tyres, big rotors (slotted), big calipers, ground control coilovers, stiffened body (sway bars, braces).

144 Volvo: again an RB26 (though RB30 would do), custom gear box (or an existing one that had the desired ratios), dual plate clutch, 2.5" exhaust with an on/off baffle, lower about 1.5", 7 series rotors (slotted)+calipers, stiffer shocks and springs, nice 16" genuine Volvo mags if I could find any if not existing 15", 2x 12" kenwood subs in the boot, aluminium fuel tank, immersed fuel pump, remove commando bumpers, racing bucket seats, new paint work (keep existing orange), replace trim and carpetting (gray/blue).

Oh and both would get stainless steal, braided brake lines, racing brake fluid, a dab of dishwashing detergent in the cooling, 20w-70 fully synthetic oil, large front mount intercooler, battery moved to the boot, new gauges (speedo, odo, tach, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, boost) adjustable shocks.

With both the guiding principle would be subtlety concealing power. The Z would naturally look more aggressive however both would be externally fairly subdued. Nothing garish just nice clean, straight body, good paint, tasteful mags, with big rotors peeping out.

Ultimate goal of the Z: Old school cool + performance that'll tear your balls off = serious street cred.

Ultimate goal of 144: Sleeper. Imagine this sitting at the lights Bogan in a VP clubsport pulls up jokes 'bloody volvo driver'. Clearly intends on dragging off the lights. Lights go green, Volvo pulls away aka back to the future style. Bogan comments 'Bloody fast volvo though'. That and the looks of consternation and suprise on peoples faces when they see the awesome Volvo drifting.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I have recently been inspired my seeing SS commodores to make my VY acclaim look like that... but I don't have like 15 grand..

I was a couple of years ago inspired to do up a torana (UC).. it rotted away in the garage after I gave up due to lack of time and patience... it would have looked shit anyway!

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Yeah, most of them look ok, but dad got a UC which is fugly, maybe if i spent like 40 grand on it it would have looked ok, but otherwise it would have looked like crap!

SlipStream

HSC
EJ20T Subaru Brumby - the car is about a month away, the engine about 12. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)