Got in UNSW- Now what?! (1 Viewer)

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone, for all the newbies out there like me, I'd just like to ask a few troubling questions that popped up in my mind after last night (wasn't it a hectic night trying to get through all that lag for almost half an hour on the UAC website! Omg tell me about it!)

Ok my first question is, after you accept your offer at UNSW, what should you do next? I mean should I start choosing my classes? Howcome when I went onlt to Class Utility on UNSW website, it says that some of the classes are full?? and some are nearly all gone! Is this the class of last year or what? Can someone please explain?

Secondly, is it important to go to all 5 days of O-week at UNSW?

Does anyone have any good websites for students whoa re starting off at uni that may have some good resources on uni essays, study guides and all that? Someone like Boredofstudies but for uni students.

Thanks a lot everyone

sunny

meh.
HSC
Jessica_00 said:
I mean should I start choosing my classes?
Yes.

Jessica_00 said:
Howcome when I went onlt to Class Utility on UNSW website, it says that some of the classes are full?? and some are nearly all gone! Is this the class of last year or what? Can someone please explain?
Other people may have enrolled already, so the classes are full. Lectures usually don't get so full you can't do the subject you need to, but you might not get the time preference for tutorials and labs.

Jessica_00 said:
Secondly, is it important to go to all 5 days of O-week at UNSW?
See this thread.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You will find psychology report writing a bit different. But they should teach you how to write a good report in Psychology 1A

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
the educational psychology courses gave a lot of leniency in marking the essays in first semester and became a lot harsher in second semester. i imagine that they'd grant the same leniency in essay writing in pure psych courses too, and im sure that they'd devote tonnes of tutorial time to teaching you how to write the essay in proper form, they did in edpsych.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
A good way to learn psych report writing is to access a few psych journal articles from the library website and have read through them. Get a feel for the structure, language, etc. I've found that the style they teach you in uni english isn't quite like the style I found in psych.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Unfortunately once you get into Uni, there aren't anymore nice clearly detailed Syllabus, or Study Guides. 1st Year however answers most of your questions of time management, etc.

Textbooks + some essay references are usually stated in your first/second lecture.
If the class says its full, and that class is a lecture, you will need to call or e-mail the Course Coordinator and advise them of the situation, it should tell you the name of the course coordinator in UNSW Handbook --> Class Details. (Then type in Coordinator's name in google + unsw, and you'll find his/her e-mail).

If possible, try heading direct to School of Psychology, and ask them to change your current tutorial setting to another one, usually they'll do it with some reason, and can override UNSW enrolment max students.

Also, I'm not sure about class utility, that's only a function used by 2nd year students and above, most first years still need to accustomise their sevles to our system. It should be --> MyUNSW Portal --> STudent profile --> Update Enrolment for Sem 1 2007 and go from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)